Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

White background - Text hardly readable
(09-18-2018, 09:12 AM)aBrianH Wrote: My setups.
Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) on MacBook Pro : Updated browser version this AM. White screen for Playback, Music and Radio. BUT black for any Configuration Screens. This is after new build of 4.2 on Sunday

Chrome Version 69.0.3497.91 on iPad Mini 4 : Works ok if a little slow

Safari Version 12.0 (13606.2.11) Works OK on MacBook Pro.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but this still sounds like a poisoned browser-cache problem. Generally, the cache would not be cleared in an update to the browser.

I'm running latest updates of Chrome in iOS11 on an iPad 9.7, in Linux Mint18.3 on a laptop, in Windows10 on the same laptop, and in Android 6 to Android 8 on various tablets and a smart phone. 

I'm not having any white-screen issues with the moOde UI that weren't of my own making. When it has happened I've been able to fix it by clearing just the cached images and files from Chrome's browsing data. Tim also recommends clearing the browsing history but I haven't had to do so. YMMV.

All hosts except the iPad 9.7 (2017) are running Chrome 69.0.3497.100; it's running Chrome 69.0.3497.91.

In addition, I've tested the moOde UI repeatedly against latest updates of Edge, Firefox, Opera, and Safari in various OSes. I don't have access to any MacOS hosts but I believe Tim does his development on one.

Regards,
Kent

PS - Minor differences in the moOde UI layout do crop up on the various browsers/hosts due to the way their layout engines map the Javascript/CSS into the viewing area but @swizzle and Tim have been touching up the code and it's getting harder and harder for me to notice any difference whatever during testing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: White background - Text hardly readable - by TheOldPresbyope - 09-18-2018, 04:08 PM