Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

file/directory only library option
Big Grin 
Darn.  I was afraid it was going to be like that. I didn't realize MPD was designed like that.   I was hoping that the file/directory tree was independent from the database and it would be easy to separate the two.  I know some people like tags.  Years ago I had experience with trying to deal with a user maintained tag system in a retail environment.  The big problem with the tag idea is that when people are given a text field where they can enter anything, they will.  You can't have meaningful indices and queries without key integrity.  Music tags are the same way unless you get all your files from the same commercial source.  You don't want to see what my library looks like.  Big Grin

(07-29-2020, 03:39 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde and MPD are designed and optimized around tagged collections and rich metadata and not raw folders and directories. This is what the majority of moOde users want and find easiest to use.

If you want to navigate your collection via its folder tree and file names you'll need to seek out another player.

Messages In This Thread
RE: file/directory only library option - by nosferatu_cat - 07-29-2020, 04:52 PM