Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

DAC discussions
(12-24-2020, 10:47 AM)Rinaldi Wrote: I'm not trying to create a confrontation about who is right or wrong, but I have my doubts about the Amir and Archimago tests. For me, the measurements they make are just information about the behavior of the audio signal in that situation but it does not determine whether the sound is good or bad, who determines whether the sound is good or bad are their ears.
I know that it is a subjective assessment and that it needs some experience to interpret the gains or losses or even any changes. I have as a great example the "USB cleaner" Uptone Regen, when he is in the system the stage is another, much more defined. Of course, this situation will not occur in all cases as for example on an audiophile PC that has a dedicated USB card the result will be minimal or null, but on a raspberry that has an unstable USB output the result will be more significant.
As I mentioned before, in my opinion the measurements are information and there is no way to hear them, the best way to determine if a DAC, or a USB cable or filter will be good or bad in the system is to hear it, your ear is who will make the judgment.

greetings
Rinaldi

I have to agree with you, sometimes different DAC's just sound different, not necessarily better.  I have the Topping E30, great DAC for the money, I use coax out on my Hiby R6 Pro just to a get a different sound to the Sabre DAC in my MoOde speaker setup or the dual DAC's in the Hiby itself.

Messages In This Thread
DAC discussions - by RPI4 Rambler - 08-29-2020, 10:57 AM
RE: DAC discussions - by Rinaldi - 12-24-2020, 10:47 AM
RE: DAC discussions - by grasshopper - 03-07-2021, 12:24 PM
RE: DAC discussions - by TheBatsEar - 03-07-2021, 10:15 AM