Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 4.2 RPiZeroW build experience
(08-17-2018, 03:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The boot config looks ok but ifconfig output shows no WiFi adapter which suggests something external to moOde software for example a hardware or power supply issue.

I definitely agree, it is something outside to moOde.
As I wrote it could be that the wifi module is damaged (not seen anymore), although I do not see any reason for that.
I supposed that somehow it would be possible to disable the module directly in the SoC. Something like accessing to non-volatile registers in a way that I cannot imagine.
As I mentioned at the beginning of the post we had a problem to finalise build process with the Rpi0w and I used a sort of mixed-build using an Rpi3 to finalise the process.
I am honestly very surprised that this way was possible because of the difference in the core between Rpi0 and Rpi3 but, as a matter of fact it worked.
I do not know if this way of proceeding had some kind of consequence and made something wrong with the wifi module.
Regards.

Roberto

Messages In This Thread
moOde 4.2 RPiZeroW build experience - by FizzyTea - 07-16-2018, 12:48 PM
RE: moOde 4.2 RPiZeroW build experience - by rlugli - 08-17-2018, 05:45 PM