Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 4.2 RPiZeroW build experience
(08-17-2018, 05:45 PM)rlugli Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 03:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The boot config looks ok but ifconfig output shows no WiFi adapter which suggests something external to moOde software for example a hardware or power supply issue.

I definitely agree, it is something outside to moOde.
As I wrote it could be that the wifi module is damaged (not seen anymore), although I do not see any reason for that.
I supposed that somehow it would be possible to disable the module directly in the SoC. Something like accessing to non-volatile registers in a way that I cannot imagine.
Roberto

Hi, Roberto.

Have you checked that raspbian isn't blocking WiFi? If WiFi is blocked, no wlan0 interface will appear.

You can check using the Linux command "rfkill list wifi". If it reports like so

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ rfkill list wifi
0: phy0: Wireless LAN
    Soft blocked: yes
    Hard blocked: no

then you need to remove the soft block with the command "rfill unblock wifi". Your wlan0 interface should appear and rfkill should now report

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ rfkill list wifi
0: phy0: Wireless LAN
    Soft blocked: no
    Hard blocked: no

This blocking may not be the source of your problem but it became an issue with initializing/configuring recent versions of raspbian because of their new-found obsession over WiFi country codes. Tim introduced some extra code in the moOde build to deal with it. 

If it does turn out to be the source of your problem then perhaps something in the initialization/configuration got mangled during your mixed build? (just a guess)

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
moOde 4.2 RPiZeroW build experience - by FizzyTea - 07-16-2018, 12:48 PM
RE: moOde 4.2 RPiZeroW build experience - by TheOldPresbyope - 08-17-2018, 06:35 PM