The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

hifiberry digi+ digital interpolation filter
I've been using a pi 3B+ with a hifiberry digi+ running into an SMSL class D amp for my bedroom system.  Soprano instruments, especially strings, didn't sound right to me.  They definitely sound different from my living room system. Recalling digital filter settings from my Cayin music player, I decided to try  magic.  I fooled around (empirical rules of course) with the digital interpolation filter settings.  The default is FIR interpolation with de-emphasis.  Ringing-less low latency sounds best to me.  The ragged attack on the soprano instruments seems moderated and the sound is similar to my living room system now.  Is this voodoo, or is it a reasonable tweak?  I'm using mostly FLAC files so I wonder about the word "interpolation."

Messages In This Thread
hifiberry digi+ digital interpolation filter - by nosferatu_cat - 09-27-2018, 07:29 PM