Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Library handling: multiple edition of the same album
Hi Challenge,

I am sort of facing the same problem. I have several albums in different formats. I have kept it simple and sorted them as MP3, CD, DTS and HiRes.
When you open up the library there is that horrible list of songs with the same name, not knowing whether it's an MP3, or a 24/96 or whatever. Only playing them allows you to see what they are.

As far as the list in the library is concerned, well, I can't help you with that, but at least I can now select filters using ashuffle (I use this option in 90% of the time).
All my files have a comment tag. This comment tag can in some cases be a long string, something like: R5-CD-NAO-CWU
All parts have a meaning: R5 represents the rating of the song, CD means this a song of CD quality (16/44.1), NAO means I can't play it at the office and so on.
Another example can be: R2-HiRes
Again, the R2 represents the rating of the song, but in this case it is a HiRes song (24/96, or 24/192 or....)
If you then use ashuffle, you can, under customization, say what you want to play, MP3's, or CD quality songs, or HiRes,  or whatever you have tagged them.
I know, it's far from perfect, but at least you can play the format you want without searching for them…

If Tim adds the comment tag also to the filtering options (in the "Search" option), then you can also find them in the library. But that's for the future ;-)

Johan
 :@

Messages In This Thread
RE: Library handling: multiple edition of the same album - by JST1963 - 12-23-2018, 02:03 AM