Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: 4.4: Add Album fills Playlist with any tracks
Re: Browser-specific problems

Guys, I have repeatedly tested this "add album" feature on the following browsers installed in my Linux Mint 18.3 running on a ThinkPad:
  • Chromium Version 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on LinuxMint 18.3 (64-bit)
  • Firefox Quantum 64.0 (64-bit) Mozilla Firefox for Linux Mint (mint - 1.0)
  • Google Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Opera Version:57.0.3098.106
  • Vivaldi 2.2.1388.37 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
The version data is what the browsers report about themselves.

As well, from time to time I use Safari 12 on my iPad and several of the above browsers which are installed on it and on an Android phone and an Android tablet. I'd talk about the browsers installed on MS Windows 10, which is a second boot option on my Thinkpad, but it's a bore to have to boot into it.

I don't see the behavior you report.

Tim and @swizzle are the front-end experts, but AFAIK we're just triggering Javascript events which communicate to the backend code on the moOde player. All these browsers contain Javascript engines which score very high marks in scripting tests (see, e.g., html5test.com).

I'm wondering if, instead, some of your browser caches are still holding onto stale Javascript files from moOde r4.3? 

I know this question is like asking if your computer is plugged in, but have you forced each browser to clear its cache of downloaded files and images? 

Regards,
Kent

PS - I hear Tim and @swizzle have an idea for a cool mod which should greatly reduce the problem of stale caches. With luck it will be in Tim's next update.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4.4: Add Album fills Playlist with any tracks - by TheOldPresbyope - 12-26-2018, 03:46 PM