Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

MoOde 5.1 wont start the second day
Hi all,

I'm a recent convert (since 4.4, twice donor so far). I updated from 5.0 to 5.1 the other day; seemingly with success. But the very next day, RPi3B+ would not play music, there was no web interface, and the USB drive did not mount during boot. 

I reinstalled everything to (apparently) working order yesterday. But this morning; same problem (mpd, nginx, mount). 

Most likely, this has to do with extra configurations I've performed: a) Installed Netatalk filesharing for when iTunes updates my music library. b) Moved and replaced most library files with links to USB disk, to maintain only one library usable for two RPi3B+s with different sound hats. c) Forwarding IP in Access Port mode, to control moOde and access internet at the same time from mobile clients. d) Setup album art link for Soundirok client app in /var/www. (All works in 5.0) 

In particular, I have two questions, but all comments are welcome:

1) Is there no longer a script that runs after boot?
2) Is there a new script that runs every day, that perhaps invalidates my configurations?
Hey,
If you make modifications in /var/www/command/worker.php file, you need to run this command:

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_hash SET ACTION = 'warning' WHERE PARAM = '/var/www/command/worker.php'"

Then reboot, and it should be OK.
(04-26-2019, 05:06 PM)TookaFace Wrote: Hey,
If you make modifications in /var/www/command/worker.php file, you need to run this command:

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_hash SET ACTION = 'warning' WHERE PARAM = '/var/www/command/worker.php'"

Then reboot, and it should be OK.

Thanks for helping out. 

I saw this post, and tried this tip. Unfortunately; the only change I noticed was that the web interface went from blank white to gray with some menu items. Most importantly music could still not be played.
You should post the moode logs from system info.
(04-26-2019, 05:44 PM)TookaFace Wrote: You should post the moode logs from system info.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately; the web interface is not available.

I think there were some chained causes to my problem: The main culprit being USB disk not mounting to /media/Music on boot. I fixed this by inserting the appropriate line in /etc/fstab.

I'm currently running moOde 5.0 – will backup and try 5.1 again tomorrow.

Thanks, again.
(04-26-2019, 05:02 PM)Tenbagger Wrote: Hi all,

I'm a recent convert (since 4.4, twice donor so far). I updated from 5.0 to 5.1 the other day; seemingly with success. But the very next day, RPi3B+ would not play music, there was no web interface, and the USB drive did not mount during boot. 

I reinstalled everything to (apparently) working order yesterday. But this morning; same problem (mpd, nginx, mount). 

Most likely, this has to do with extra configurations I've performed: a) Installed Netatalk filesharing for when iTunes updates my music library. b) Moved and replaced most library files with links to USB disk, to maintain only one library usable for two RPi3B+s with different sound hats. c) Forwarding IP in Access Port mode, to control moOde and access internet at the same time from mobile clients. d) Setup album art link for Soundirok client app in /var/www. (All works in 5.0) 

2) Is there a new script that runs every day, that perhaps invalidates my configurations?

....links to USB disk, to maintain only one library usable for two RPi3B+s with different sound hats...

To achieve this, I use a third raspberry, currently still running version 4.4, where my USB disk is attached.
This is my "raspberry NAS" (sort of Smile ).
In this way,  the library is easily shared through Samba with my other raspberries.
I only modified the default Samba config to make it writable, so that it is easy to add newly downloaded music when required. 
I'm the only one accessing my LAN, so I did not bother too much about permissions...
Code:
[Seagate2T-Music]
comment = USB Storage Music Folder
path = /media/Seagate2T/Music
read only = No
guest ok = Yes
writeable = Yes
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777
browseable = Yes
public = yes
(04-26-2019, 05:02 PM)Tenbagger Wrote: Hi all,

Just for reference, in case future generations find this topic buried in sand... a good way to diagnose problems in your boot (e.g., usually when the /etc/rc.local file doesn't start or complete run, is to edit it and put
Code:
exec > /home/pi/rc-local.out 2>&1;set -x
at the top (I mean, before anything else in your file executes). Then reboot the Pi.

After it's rebooted, open a terminal console and check the /home/pi/rc-local.out file (e.g., nano /home/pi/rc-local.out) and it will certainly point to the cause, either by printing out a verbose error description or just letting you know what was the last thing it tried to run before getting stuck. And you can comment that out with a '#' and save. Helped me more times than I can count. Btw I'm still runnin' on 4.2 and proud.  Cool

Quote:What you allow is what will continue.