Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Question: Why is mpd log incomplete?
Hello everyone,

maybe someone can answer me the question above? Sometimes /var/log/mpd/log is incomplete or empty?

My music stops serveral times in a hour and i cant find the problem. The log file is mostly empty or not helpful. Syslog or other logs under /var/logs aren't helpful too.

I'm grateful for your help.
(05-22-2019, 10:02 AM)Alecks194 Wrote: Hello everyone,

maybe someone can answer me the question above? Sometimes /var/log/mpd/log is incomplete or empty?

My music stops serveral times in a hour and i cant find the problem. The log file is mostly empty or not helpful. Syslog or other logs under /var/logs aren't helpful too.

I'm grateful for your help.

Have you enabled Debug logging under Maintenance on the System Config page? That will increase the amount of information logged.

Some of the log files are cleared periodically.

Much more information about your system and your usage is needed to offer any specific suggestions about the interruptions. At a minimum, what version of moOde, what version of RPi, what DAC, what connectivity (Ethernet or WiFi); what renderer (MPD/possibly with UPnP, Spotify, Airplay, Squeezelite); what source: SDcard, USB drive, NAS, radio streams, Bluetooth?

Regards,
Kent
There is a maintenance task that runs every 6 hours. It clears a bunch of logs including mpd log.

As @TheOldPresbyope mentioned, please post more detail regarding your issue "My music stops serveral times in a hour".

Also post the output from the following commands

Code:
cat /boot/config.txt
cat /boot/cmdline.txt
sudo /var/www/command/sysinfo.sh
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub