Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

mpd commands
Hi Tim

What is the command to toggle mute / unmute in moode?
I thought it was "mpc mute" but it does not work.

Remy
mpc_toggle ?  will pause/play

There doesn't seem to be a mute command for mpc...

https://linux.die.net/man/1/mpc
----------
bob
@remy1961

Tim implements a mute function in the helper script /var/www/vol.sh

Try it with the usual --help option to see what it can do. If you're running mpc remotely, you can also run the vol.sh script remotely using ssh (see the ssh man page). Unfortunately this isn't very convenient unless you've set up ssh keys first to avoid the password prompt.

Regards,
Kent

POST EDIT: Come to think of it, you can access the controls via moOde's web interface. See http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...98#pid7698
(07-02-2019, 11:40 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @remy1961

Tim implements a mute function in the helper script /var/www/vol.sh

Try it with the usual --help option to see what it can do. If you're running mpc remotely, you can also run the vol.sh script remotely using ssh (see the ssh man page). Unfortunately this isn't very convenient unless you've set up ssh keys first to avoid the password prompt.

Regards,
Kent

POST EDIT: Come to think of it, you can access the controls via moOde's web interface. See http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...98#pid7698
Hi Kent,
Thanks a lot for the answer. Following your tips, I got it working by using "/var/www/vol.sh mute". I used it in my IR remote .lircrc file and it works. I also discovered that even though the latest version of moode does not have a mute button, clicking the volume level number at the center of the volume circle does mute the player. 
Remy
Hi, Remy:

Glad to help.

As it happens, I've been working with the same basic control functions just this morning.

The last few weeks I've been full-time "Tour Guide Barbie" for my sister and her daughter on their visit the USA but in the odd moment here and there I've been poking at a Flirc solution using Python instead of taking the lirc lxde approach developed by didier31 (http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...43#pid7343).  Not that I have anything against lirc lxde but in Linux "there's more than one way to do that" and much of the lirc lxde machinery isn't needed for the Flirc. [Post edit: didn't notice my mixup of lirc and lxde until after the second cup of coffee  Blush )

So far, my test code works on my laptop with Python 3.7.1 but not on my RPi with the stock Python 3.5.3 in moOde 5.3.1 running Raspbian Stretch 'cuz of evolutionary changes to the evdev module <sigh>. Yeah, I could manually install a newer Python but fortunately Raspbian Buster is more up-to-date so I should be good to go with Tim's upcoming release.

Isn't moOde fun Smile

Regards,
Kent
I would be a starter for trialing your Flirc configuration... Smile
----------
bob
(07-03-2019, 09:37 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: I would be a starter for trialing your Flirc configuration... Smile

As soon as I confirm it works with moOde 5.4 I'll post the code in the FAQ/HowTo section. It's pretty trivial Python requiring only one additional module to be installed using pip first.

It's an interesting albeit expensive alternative [1] to cobbling together a GPIO IR receiver and using lirc. I like it because it doesn't require access to GPIO pins and because it's easily portable between RPis, other SBCs on hand, and my laptop for testing and for other projects. 

There's still the line-of-sight problem. For the moOde receiver I have tucked away in a cabinet I can run a USB-extender cable out to the front but I've got a ToDo list which includes exploring Bluetooth and WiFi solutions.

Regards,
Kent

[1] I see Flirc just dropped the price to less than $20USD so now it's only 10-times more expensive than an IR-sensor!