Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 5.4 Beta 2 is available
Toasty for sure.

It may not make any difference but try setting the CPU governor to "On-demand" in System config. This allows the Pi to automatically throttle the CPU frequency. based on load.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Seems to have made a very slight difference, unless it's just the lower room temperature now (1am in the morning here in the UK). Here's the readouts now:

CPU: 1.5 GHz | LOAD: 1% | TEMP: 72?C | RAM_USED: 9% | DISK_USED: 18% | FPM_POOL:
CPU: 600 MHz | LOAD: 1% | TEMP: 72?C | RAM_USED: 9% | DISK_USED: 18% | FPM_POOL:
I'd expect cpu cooling vendors to be very excited ;-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-04-2019, 06:37 PM)franz159 Wrote: I reported problems with Spotify connect in an earlier post  but I believe that  is related to some firewall setting...

Instead DSD worked for a few minutes then it suddenly became a loud hiss with very very faint music.
Did anyone tested DSD?
It could well be my USB Khadas Tone board broke, but I tested PCM up to 24/192 with no issues.
I’m using rpi4.
Unfortunately did not have time to test same DSD files on my Mac...

@franz159

You don't tell us any details about your configuration nor whether this board worked with the same configuration in earlier versions of moOde.

Your description of the audio output, however, leads me to believe you have chosen hardware volume control and have a moOde volume setting less than 100 percent. 

I found in my testing with an earlier version of moOde (http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...8#pid11178) that the Khadas Tone Board appears not to implement hardware volume control properly in DSD mode (or at least doesn't expose it to the USB bus in a way that MPD/ALSA can understand it). 

For me, the output was crystal clear at 100 percent. At I lowered the volume setting noise started and got progressively louder while the music got progressively softer and more distorted. Software volume control, of course, doesn't work with DSD. I chose to disable volume control.

Both hardware and software volume control worked fine for me with this board in PCM mode, however.

Regards,
Kent
Hi all,maybe i have a newbie question,but still i have to ask.Am i somehow capable to do something like backup of all the settings in moode?If i test this build i need to do all the settings again so if there is some command or tool how to do this i would be pleased to hear that.Thanks for your kindness and all tips.
There are several ways to do this...Kent will be along soon with the MoOde way...:-)
Here is how I do this the RPI way...
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio.../backup.md

scroll down to 'SD card image' and backup the whole sd card install
----------
bob
(07-05-2019, 01:41 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'd expect cpu cooling vendors to be very excited ;-)

My Pi 4 with an attached Pimoroni heatsink runs at around 70C

which reminds me.... somewhere I have a generic water-cooler /fan do-hickey thingo ....... It might be time to dig it out and figure how it works before my Pi4/4 arrives.....70C is 20C more than I'm comfortable with...
----------
bob
MoOde 5.4 Beta 2 working fine on my RPi 3A+ feeding USB DAC. If helpful, some results from running moodeutl -m

FPM_POOLCPU: 1.4 GHz | LOAD: 1% | TEMP: 48?C | RAM_USED: 46% | DISK_USED: 18% |
FPM_POOLCPU: 1.4 GHz | LOAD: 3% | TEMP: 48?C | RAM_USED: 46% | DISK_USED: 18% |
FPM_POOLCPU: 1.4 GHz | LOAD: 0% | TEMP: 48?C | RAM_USED: 46% | DISK_USED: 18% |
FPM_POOLCPU: 1.4 GHz | LOAD: 3% | TEMP: 48?C | RAM_USED: 46% | DISK_USED: 18% |
FPM_POOLCPU: 1.4 GHz | LOAD: 4% | TEMP: 48?C | RAM_USED: 46% | DISK_USED: 18% |
FPM_POOLCPU: 1.4 GHz | LOAD: 1% | TEMP: 48?C | RAM_USED: 46% | DISK_USED: 18% |
@jmarcusg

The point is that the RPi4 runs much hotter than previous models---seems the inevitable fate of getting more powerful chips onboard. The Internet is all atwitter at the thought that changes to the microcode will help but early indications are that this will be only marginally helpful.

I hate the thought of a fan but I'm thinking active air cooling will become necessary if I stuff one of these babies into my cabinet.

Sadly the RPi4 remains a unicorn---heard about but never seen. USA distributors have been crushed by orders. I placed two orders the day of the launch but I guess I'm already in the second or third tranche.

Regards,
Kent