Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Cannot connect to QNAP NAS via NFS
Hi there,
actually it looks like that the connection is working, but if I go to the NAS folder in moode, it is empty. Log says permission denied...

I have no clue why not... or what is missing. I tried for some hours and also googeld alot Undecided

NAS: QNAP TS-419p II
NFS v2+v3 enabled (not v4)
For "Multimedia" folder I enabled for the moode's IP access (ro, root_squash, guest UID):

[Image: 2019-07-06-18-09-57-NAS.png]

Moode NAS config:

[Image: 2019-07-06-18-11-25-mo-Ode-Player.png]

cat /var/log/mpd/log:
[Image: 2019-07-06-18-12-35-moode-Ina-pi.png]

Any idea what is missing?

Best regards
eusi
Ok... nevermind. 5min after posting this thread, I was able to find the issue...

Not only NFS access is needed, but also permission of 777 for all the folders and files.

chmod 777
for the audio-folder
and
chmod -R 777 *
for all the files in it

Hope this helps for someone with similar issue.
Connecting via SMB (Samba) worked easily for me with no issues. I suggest that you try that.

John
(07-06-2019, 04:46 PM)eusii Wrote: Ok... nevermind. 5min after posting this thread, I was able to find the issue...

Not only NFS access is needed, but also permission of 777 for all the folders and files.

chmod 777
for the audio-folder
and
chmod -R 777 *
for all the files in it

Hope this helps for someone with similar issue.

Did you really want to do that, grant access for ALL to ALL?

John
(07-06-2019, 05:01 PM)Listener Wrote: Did you really want to do that, grant access for ALL to ALL?

John

Actually I dont know. I mean, when I understand correctly, everyone that is able to connect via NFS (only restricted IPs with RO, see NAS screenshot) can access ALL in this Audio folder, right?

Where do you see an issue with this configuration?
MPD requires read permission on all music files, and read+execute permission on all music directories (and all of their parent directories)

Refer to the Common Problems section of the MPD user manual.
https://www.musicpd.org/doc/html/user.ht...n-problems
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-06-2019, 05:06 PM)eusii Wrote: Actually I dont know. I mean, when I understand correctly, everyone that is able to connect via NFS (only restricted IPs with RO, see NAS screenshot) can access ALL in this Audio folder, right?

Where do you see an issue with this configuration?

Most any sysadmin will suggest that 777 isn't a great idea, it pretty much lets anyone do anything. Here is a useful tutorial.

https://www.guru99.com/file-permissions.html

On my QNAP I used SMB for access and didn't have to make any permission changes as the mulimedia directory on QNAP was set up with this sort of thing in mind. Don't know about NFS.

John