Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Show your audio system
@JohnnyBravo

OMG. 

I had such a wave of nostalgia when I saw your pic I had to sit for a minute. W-a-a-y back when Kennedy was president I build a 1KW amateur radio transmitter using 866 rectifiers and 304TL triodes in the final. All parts were scrounged from military surplus. The blue glow of the Hg-vapor, the red glow of filaments, and the yellow glow of the dials on my receiver made it a joy to work in a darkened room.

My HiFi ambitions were more modest (teenagers didn't have much money in those days). Eico and then Dynakit audio gear culminating with the Dynakit PAS3 preamp and ST40 amp and KLH6 acoustic suspension speakers (I bought the first one year and the second a year later as I accumulated funds).

In those days, Klipschorns were these ginormous boxes sitting in the corners of the audio store's listening room and lusted after by we mere mortals.

Good times.  Thanks for the memory.

Regards,
Kent

PS - I still have those KLHs!
Nope, no subwoofer in my system.
For me and my little room where all this audio gear lives, the Klipsch puts out enough oomph.

Yeah, I really like the 866's as well. You've just put a thought in my head about building an amateur radio transmitter!
I'm sure i'd need a permit to broadcast on the normal FM band....nah, i'm not going to bother with all the paperwork of that, just don't sell me out, lol!
Found a cast-off Nakamichi clock-radio at the recycle store.
Just right for a Pi, a DAC, infra-red receiver, and a couple of oleds.

The infra-red receiver uses the Pi 3.3v and the oleds are paralleled each with its own address and powered from the Pi 5v via a regulator to 3.3v.

When idle the displays are duplicated.
When playing the left-hand display shows the file information and the right continues to show the clock and ip address.

They're configured using...
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...75#pid7475
----------
bob
Cool!!!
I'd try to get rid of the time indication on the left display... The format of the song would be great, MP3, FLAC...

And maybe someone knows how to "blank" the display when idle...
Can you make a complete manual out of this, with your programming, schematics, blablabla...?

JST
 :@
Recycling an old AVO-style meter..... unfortunately this case was found in a damp shed with its innards rusted solid and beyond repair   Sad .
Like this item.... only munted...
http://www.zeppy.io/product/gb/2/2234712...tage-1950s
The case was in very poor cosmetic condition and required a lot of work to restore.

Normal operation is with the cover up and it looks like an item of test equipment.
Flip the cover down and there is the oled and infra-red receiver.

I would have liked to have the infra-red receiver mounted elsewhere so it could operate without the lid being open...however, these old Baekelite cases for electrical test equipment have asbestos filler to increase isolation safety.
Its fine and safely sealed provided one doesn't drill, sand, scratch, or otherwise degrade the surface.
----------
bob
My "semi-portable" Moode-System - based on a modification of "Cheap Trick 242" of the Klang und Ton magazine based on Visaton FRS8-4 speakers. I combined two of these CT242 into one bigger box.

The system is running on an underclocked RPi 3a+ (previously with a Pi Zero W, but I wanted a little bit more performance) with Justboom Amp Zero and a Rotary Switch for Volume and Play/Pause.
Currently it's running with moOde 5.3.1.

It can be powered either by an old Notebook Power Supply with 15V/65W or a Powerbank.
If I use it as "portable" System, I use a 16.000mAh Powerbank which provides 16.5V/65W max. With the Powerbank it runs up to 10 hours depending on the volume.

Even if this system can't provide a HiFi sound like some bigger systems, it sounds good enough for my requirements and also can get loud enough for a smaller party.
(07-21-2019, 06:12 PM)ghoeher Wrote: My "semi-portable" Moode-System - based on a modification of "Cheap Trick 242" of the Klang und Ton magazine based on Visaton FRS8-4 speakers. I combined two of these CT242 into one bigger box.

The system is running on an underclocked RPi 3a+ (previously with a Pi Zero W, but I wanted a little bit more performance) with Justboom Amp Zero and a Rotary Switch for Volume and Play/Pause.
Currently it's running with moOde 5.3.1.

It can be powered either by an old Notebook Power Supply with 15V/65W or a Powerbank.
If I use it as "portable" System, I use a 16.000mAh Powerbank which provides 16.5V/65W max. With the Powerbank it runs up to 10 hours depending on the volume.

Even if this system can't provide a HiFi sound like some bigger systems, it sounds good enough for my requirements and also can get loud enough for a smaller party.

Mind to share more pictures of it? Your nice work may be someone else's next project! Wink
(07-21-2019, 10:19 PM)Malefoda Wrote: Mind to share more pictures of it? Your nice work may be someone else's next project! Wink

no problem, here are some detailed photos

Closed box
[attachment=699]

Opened box - inside  view with damping material:
[attachment=695]

Inside view - in the background you can see my keyboard, so you can estimate the size ...
[attachment=696]

Closeup view Pi and Justboom Amp Zero
[attachment=697]

Closeup of one box-part
[attachment=698]
(12-10-2018, 09:08 PM)HemiRick Wrote: The speakers are VMPS Tower 2 SE's 15" woofer w a 15" passive radiator in the bottom....

Wow!  A (rare) fellow VMPS owner.  I have a pair of VMPS Super Tower/Rs driven by an Adcom GFA-555 amp.  Directly feeding that is an Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC, with its USB input fed by a moode Pi-3.  Also driving the DAC is the digital output from a high-end Pioneer BluRay player, letting me play CDs using the external DAC.

The Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC is nice in that it has a remote with volume control as well as an analog input.  I'm feeding that from a tape output loop on my Adcom GFP-565 preamp, which is mainly serving as a high-quality phono preamp.
Cheers,
  Miss Sissy Princess
(07-25-2019, 04:24 PM)fmaxwell Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 09:08 PM)HemiRick Wrote: The speakers are VMPS Tower 2 SE's 15" woofer w a 15" passive radiator in the bottom....

Wow!  A (rare) fellow VMPS owner.  I have a pair of VMPS Super Tower/Rs driven by an Adcom GFA-555 amp.  

I love, love, love my speakers bought them new about 1992.