Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
My MoOde Sound Tweaks
(05-15-2019, 12:59 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 12:11 PM)cereyanlimusiki Wrote: How to verify tweaks survived after update ? @Edward

I've never tried the tweaks but it appears they involve three files:
  • changes in the file: /boot/config.txt
  • creation of new file: /usr/local/sbin/sound.sh
  • a change in the file: /etc/rc.local
After an update you can verify that the /usr/local/sbin/sound.sh file still exists (with correct permissions) and the /boot/config.txt and /etc/rc.local files are still mod'ded.

If that is so, then the tweaks will be applied each time the system is booted, just as before the update.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent

The script does not change the config.txt file. it creates a sound file and updates other files with new parameters.

If someone whats to know if the changes are persistant...which they are....just run ps -eLo pid,cls,rtprio,pri,nice,cmd | grep -i "irq" you should see the softirq pocesses with FF and new priorities. Also just by running top will give you a glimpse of the same information.

Cheers
@Edward: I didn't add the sound file I only made changes to the config.txt file which did stop my RPI.

You're talking about a script but the start of this topic suggests you have to edit 2 files (config.txt with more parameters and the rc.local file with a link to the created .sh file) and add a sound (.sh) file.

Did I overlook something?

Huh
(06-06-2019, 06:12 AM)Vhond Wrote: @Edward: I didn't add the sound file I only made changes to the config.txt file which did stop my RPI.

You're talking about a script but the start of this topic suggests you have to edit 2 files (config.txt with more parameters and the rc.local file with a link to the created .sh file) and add a sound (.sh) file.

Huh

Yes I have a script now that takes care of all this....it does not change the config.txt file because those changes do not benefit the sound. I think I mentioned that in one of my posts in this thread.  Anyway here is a link with instructions.

https://github.com/dynobot/Linux-Audio-Adjustments
(06-05-2019, 08:57 PM)Edward Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 02:02 PM)Vhond Wrote: After altering the /boot/config.txt file my RPI (version 2B) wouldn't boot anymore...

(so I could not give you some log files...)

The script does nothing in the /boot/config.txt file.

Not sure what altered the file.

Also if your RPI is not booting I don't think you will be able to get any log files from it. Not exactly sure what you did or what happened but nothing in the script effects booting or anything remotely connected to how the RPi boots.

(06-06-2019, 12:21 PM)Edward Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 06:12 AM)Vhond Wrote: @Edward: I didn't add the sound file I only made changes to the config.txt file which did stop my RPI.

Huh

Yes I have a script now that takes care of all this....it does not change the config.txt file because those changes do not benefit the sound. I think I mentioned that in one of my posts in this thread.  Anyway here is a link with instructions.

Ok, thank you for the link.
(06-06-2019, 03:34 PM)Vhond Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 08:57 PM)Edward Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 02:02 PM)Vhond Wrote: After altering the /boot/config.txt file my RPI (version 2B) wouldn't boot anymore...

(so I could not give you some log files...)

The script does nothing in the /boot/config.txt file.

Not sure what altered the file.

Also if your RPI is not booting I don't think you will be able to get any log files from it. Not exactly sure what you did or what happened but nothing in the script effects booting or anything remotely connected to how the RPi boots.

(06-06-2019, 12:21 PM)Edward Wrote:

Huh

Ok, thank you for the link.

Hello Edward, will this also work on Raspian (Moodeaudio) ?
Since doing this and a couple other tweaks, I need to edit the ALSA volume from 0 back to 68 for my HiFiBerry AMP2, after cold start-up. Is this due to your github file and can I make an edit to fix this?
(08-01-2019, 08:53 PM)malcolmwa Wrote: Since doing this and a couple other tweaks, I need to edit the ALSA volume from 0 back to 68 for my HiFiBerry AMP2, after cold start-up.  Is this due to your github file and can I make an edit to fix this?

Hi malcolmwa

No my script does absolutely nothing with ALSA volume, nothing to the asound file or any other ALSA file.

I don't use MoOde so I can't really trouble shoot your situation