Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to format not used SD partition?
Hi. I would like to know how to format the partition of the SD card not used by Moode. I have no expanded the system space so the partition is still free without format. I would like to format it in EXT using ssh in Moode itself.  Is it possible?  Thanks!
(08-24-2019, 07:10 PM)SkripT Wrote: Hi. I would like to know how to format the partition of the SD card not used by Moode. I have no expanded the system space so the partition is still free without format. I would like to format it in EXT using ssh in Moode itself.  Is it possible?  Thanks!

Of course it is. All the usual Linux tools are available from the command line. Google is your friend.

Regards,
Kent
Ok.  Thank you.  I will search how to do it without formating the Moode partition Smile

Update: I think i can not see the empty partition. I attach an image of my mounted drives: a 16gb SD Card with Moode and external USB Flash
(08-24-2019, 07:50 PM)SkripT Wrote: Ok.  Thank you.  I will search how to do it without formating the Moode partition Smile

Hold on, I spoke without thinking. 

Even though there's space on the "drive" and in the drive's partition table, you may not be able to manipulate the partition table while the drive is in use. 

Probably easier to do this either on a separate Linux or Mac host or after booting your RPi from Raspbian. In the latter case, you could either boot Raspbian from a USB thumbdrive and then insert the moOde card into the uSD slot or boot Raspbian from another uSD card and use a USB/uSD adapter for the moOde card.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
Kent
Ok, thanks for your update Ken! I will manage to make it in a separate host
Hello again. I succesfully created and formatted an Ext3 partition in the remain SD space not used by Moode. The problem now is that Moode can't recognize it even rescanning my whole library. Has anybody been succesfull doing it? Is Moode only able of reading its own partition?
I think your have to mount the partition as /SOME_NAME -t ext3

Something like that.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@SkripT

It would help if you would tell us what you want to accomplish with this new partition.
(08-25-2019, 10:21 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I think your have to mount the partition as /SOME_NAME -t ext3

Something like that.

I used a terminal SSH window and manually monted the partition as you said.  Now Moode can read it. Many thanks Tim!

@TheOldPresbyope: I just want to use that space as media source outside the Moode partition
(08-26-2019, 08:26 AM)SkripT Wrote: @TheOldPresbyope: I just want to use that space as media source outside the Moode partition

This will imho slow down the workflow of moOde
 :@