Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Sonic boom when switch DSD playing
Dear All,
I am a new one using AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9018Q2M through I2S to Pi3 with Moode 4.1, 
I am suffering Sonic boom when I manually switch DSD songs, there will be no problem by PCM songs, 
only DSD or PCM to DSD, no matter SW volume control or disable, or even SOX re-sampling.

It looks like a generic issue at DAC from google search, any SW solution by Moode to fix it ?

Thank
Post links from your Google search and I'll have a look.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-19-2018, 04:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Post links from your Google search and I'll have a look.

Thanks, Tim,
Since I got no boom if I play DSD songs in sequence ( plat all directory ), only got boom when manually select
change, I am not sure they are realted!

attached link is in Chinese, sorry I may be not got "sonic boom" a right naming turn, can't fine English related link.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5372b4a0010198ni.html

I try to translate some of them to English,

at Most cases, ES9018 can use automatic identification,when PCM->DSD, only need use XMOS to handle it,it can do 
switch without noise。but due to DSD128 is equal to PCM352.8 or PCM384,and when ES9018 play song higher than 192K need bypass FIR,here MCU need pass XMOS and introduce DSD/PCM(0: PCM, 1Big GrinSD)、/FIR(0:enanle FIR, 1:bypass FIR) 2 signals to do fast identification and configuration.

Relay switch usually takes 20ms,20ms is enough to let noise happen,so,only depends on Relay is not enough.

After many trial, through ES9018 register to setup bypass FIR,even setup ES9018 mute,still little sonic boom happen, only "add" relay switch can make it, it's same to CS4398 solve DSD DoP,noixe is happened by PCM 384K.

(05-21-2018, 10:02 AM)dlai10 Wrote:  at Most cases, ES9018 can use automatic identification,when PCM->DSD, only need use XMOS to handle it,it can do 
switch without noise。but due to DSD128 is equal to PCM352.8 or PCM384,and when ES9018 play song higher than 192K need bypass FIR,here MCU need pass XMOS and introduce DSD/PCM(0: PCM, 1Big GrinSD)、/FIR(0:enanle FIR, 1:bypass FIR) 2 signals to do fast identification and configuration.

I check the XMOS, it seems to be USB chip, I use RPi3 + X4000, play DSD by Ethernet SMB, so may not
be related. However, when I swicth PCM ( mp3, flac ) to DSD or switch back, switch DSD to DSD, I got Boom,
currently I use HW volume control between DAC and AMP to reduce the boom.