Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide AUDIOPHONICS RaspDAC Mini Kit - I-Sabre ES9038Q2M
Yeah it was a fresh image for me.
(11-29-2019, 10:02 PM)TookaFace Wrote: Yeah it was a fresh image for me.

All up and running on a fresh 6.4 image, love the extra features on the remote/screen. Smile 

Thanks again.
Nice to hear Smile

Yeah, if i have time i want to expand the menu like loading playlists or shutdown/reboot the pi
Hi,
I have been looking at this DAC together with the PSU https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hifi-powe...11364.html does anyone have this combination with MoOde & what are your thoughts please?
Hey, it's exactly what i have, im very happy with it, im not an audiophile guru, but when i bought this PSU i immediately notice sound improvement (more details, more punchy...), especially at low level.
(12-01-2019, 10:03 AM)TookaFace Wrote: Hey, it's exactly what i have, im very happy with it, im not an audiophile guru, but when i bought this PSU i immediately notice sound improvement (more details, more punchy...), especially at low level.

Thanks, I have taken a punt on the DAC & PSU combo, I will combine it with a 4gb RPI v4b.
I got this kit yesterday along with https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hifi-powe...11364.html
I paired it with a 4gb Pi 4b which is considerably faster than the 3b I am used to.
I have 2 x pi 3b's each with IQaudIO DAC Pro's, one for headphone use only with a set of Sennheiser HD650's & another which goes into my NAD 262 pre amp / NAD 272 power amp then bi wired into Qaccoustics speakers. I use QED cables. I bought the Audiophonics kit to go into my amp & replace the existing IQaudIO setup.

Compared to the IQaudIO setup it replaced, the sound has a bit more bass not necessarily "better" (I have all EQ off on the amp & in MoOde). My go to album these days for testing is Tool's Fear Innoculum in 24/96 & it sounds fantastic using both setups. A little clearer using the Audiphonics kit but by no means night & day.
What I have not done yet is test the IQaudIO setup using the above PSU.

Nice sounding kit though.

The assembly process is simple enough but there were a few niggles that were avoidable IMO. The appatures for at the rear of the DAC are slightly out of line meaning I can plug into the 2x USB v3's but only 1 of the USB v2's. Not an issue for me as I don't use USB, but worth bearing in mind.
One annoyance was that the hole at the rear to power the pi 4b (USB-C) was much too small even for the included USB-C to USB-A cable, the only solution was to file the hole by maybe 50% again. Not a big deal & a micro cable for a Pi 3b would have possibly been ok.

The downloaded Audiophonics MoOde image worked for radio but would not accept my NAS shares. Maybe as it was initially set up for use in France & I changed it for UK use I don't know. Updating to 6.4.0 didn't help.

I gave up & used the official 6.4.0 image which worked great, but no oled, so I followed the instructions here & it works perfectly.
** Big thanks for the instructions **

There's a remote that I will probably never use, supplied with no battery (web site mentions this) but nothing in the box or on the remote says which battery to use, other than it being obviously flat and round.
HI,

Just returned to Moode after a long interval,  I attempted to follow the instructions of Tookaface above, to use luma Oled on  Moode version 6.4.2.

When I attempt to use the guide
Code:
sudo apt-get -y install python-smbus libjpeg-dev lirc

and

Code:
sudo pip install -U pip
sudo -i pip install --upgrade pip setuptools
sudo -H pip install --upgrade luma.oled

I get an error message saying python 2.7 is obsolete and I need to use python3 and pip3

I use pip3 and every thing  appears to install, but I cannot get the OLED to work. 

I do not know python, so I am flying blind here. If I am using python3  do the Audiophonics scripts still work?

Please could so kind person advise me how to use  Tookaface's procedure with Mood 6.4.2

many thanks

Patrick
DELETE
Its still working for me on moOde 6.4.2 but i didn't try directly installation with 6.4.2 fresh image

I will update the procedure for the next moOde version.

Try the procedure by adding --no-python-version-warning to each pip command:

Code:
sudo -i pip --no-python-version-warning install --upgrade pip setuptools