Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Various issues
Hi all,

I'm very new of the moode audio world, just coming from another os.

I've installed the system on my sd.

I Have:
Raspberry pi 3b+
Lcd 20x4
usb 1tb hd
connected via lan
usb dac (topping d50).

The installation was smooth and I had no issues. 
Everything sounded good untill, for an unknown reason, 
1) the sistem start to lag, 
2) the ssh connection to fall every 30 secs,
3) a message at the splash (picture 1 and 2).
4) The dac is recognised only as usb device, no hardware name (picture3).
This is what I get after a dmesg
Code:
[    3.241859] usb 1-1.1.2: new high-speed USB device number 4 using dwc_otg
[    3.382848] usb 1-1.1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=152a, idProduct=8750,                                                                           bcdDevice= 1.03
[    3.396049] usb 1-1.1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=3, SerialNumb                                                                          er=0
[    3.396060] usb 1-1.1.2: Product: D50
[    3.396071] usb 1-1.1.2: Manufacturer: Topping

5) After the 3rd issue, cover art not found and impossibility to edit the playlist (picture 4).

I've reinstalled the iso two times and after few days it happened again.
Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If your install is being corrupted as regularly as you say then I would be looking at a power issue...

Your usb 1tb hd would be the first thing I would investigate...I am guessing it is usb powered ? 
Is that direct from the Pi's usb or from a powered hub ?

What power supply are you using for the Pi ?
----------
bob
(12-22-2019, 02:48 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: If your install is being corrupted as regularly as you say then I would be looking at a power issue...

Your usb 1tb hd would be the first thing I would investigate...I am guessing it is usb powered ? 

+1...

- I'd make sure that RPi's power supply has a specification that meets (at least if not better) the RPi's power requirement and it is built by a reliable (known) manufacturer
- the external hard disk drive should be powered by its own +5VCC power supply (USB hub + power supply)
- do not discount the fact that the current power supply (supplies) may be faulty (use an alternative power supply)

Also make sure that the uSD card carrying the MoOde installation is of a known brand and the RPi's 'shutdown' process complies with the standard procedure.
Sad 
(12-22-2019, 08:23 AM)ŒCallMeMike Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 02:48 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: If your install is being corrupted as regularly as you say then I would be looking at a power issue...

+1...

- I'd make sure that RPi's power supply has a specification that meets (at least if not better) the RPi's power requirement and it is built by a reliable (known) manufacturer
- the external hard disk drive should be powered by its own +5VCC power supply (USB hub + power supply)
- do not discount the fact that the current power supply (supplies) may be faulty (use an alternative power supply)

Also make sure that the uSD card carrying the MoOde installation is of a known brand and the RPi's 'shutdown' process complies with the standard procedure.

Hi,
Thank you for the answers.
I can tell it's not a power issue. I have a 2 boxes equipment. Used a Pc power supply from which I take out the 5v (then stabilized) for the pi and the 12v for the USB HD enclosure.
Everything works fine with other os.
I installed a script for the button shutdown, so I think, this couldn't be a problem.
Now, I remember everything started after I installed pydpiper and changed a value on the page script.
Then I did a clean install after formatting and then again the 0db issue and the one with no cover art...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I would also guess a power issue when I read your problems. However this could also be a bad sd?
sunday morning update:

1) brand new installation via balena etcher on a mac os machine, sd card formatted.

2) installed following the official guide step by step:

sistem appeared to be smooth and ssh connection via putty stable.

3) Reboot

4) Installed pydpyper - enabled i2c - connected lcd screen:

Sistem slightly lagging - unstable ssh connection - no cover art issue.

There's something related to the second step that make the system fail.