Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide managing library solution to check all the folders are available in artist album view
Hi Cool

i rip cd in flac and wav
with wav i have the issue with taggs, perhaps also with flac
so i have to check and modifiy (i use stamp id3 at this time - not very productive..)

but my problem is to check all the folders have been checked and updated
so i need to know how many folders are available and seen in artist album view for example
but i can't find this data in 630 screens ?

and i know how many are in my nas' folder
so i can check the number of missing folders in artits/album view

top should have been moode to be able to tell me what folder are in error (difference between nas view and folder view)

hope i have been clear about my subject
ps: i am not a linux man.... so i can use only very easy solution if command mode is needed.

thanks for reading , and helping

Pierre
Available files and folders can be seen in the filesystem view, this view only displays files/directories that have been scanned into the library.
Also in the library view when nothing has been selected, the total number of tracks is shown below the moode logo.

Can you tell us what is making you believe that Moode is failing to read your file share? Have you seen errors?
(10-28-2019, 11:55 AM)vinnn Wrote: Available files and folders can be seen in the filesystem view, this view only displays files/directories that have been scanned into the library.
Also in the library view when nothing has been selected, the total number of tracks is shown below the moode logo.

Can you tell us what is making you believe that Moode is failing to read your file share? Have you seen errors?

Hi,

I am experiencing similar issues with the metadata. I am new in this game, a few days ago I setup my moode player on a Raspberry 3B+ with a hifiberry digi(transformer) running to a Khadas DAC.

Sound is great. The radio channels are working. My CDs are saved on an USB, but the library seems to pile all songs in one list, no album or artist sorting. All songs are shown with file name as “songfiles”, album unknown and artist unknown.

I ripped my CD’s to .wav in EAC, and arranged the metadata as suggested in an introduction on the web. Following I have re-added album, artist, composer in windows media player. But it still appears that the MPD does not recognize the tags.

Does moode support metadata for .wav? Or should I try the .flac road?

I might very well be forgetting something trivial. But I have been searching the forum and other forums for help without luck. Now my hope lies with this forum.

What is the experience with EAC for ripping and adding metadata? 

Thanks for reading

and Thanks, Tim, for a very impressive piece of software.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@Tom Traubert I'm not sure why you wouldn't rip to flac, lossless is lossless, or is there a perceived benefit to using wav? I can't imagine managing my library as wav, I'd rip to flac and enjoy the benefits of flac tags.
@Tom Traubert

Quoting from the Wikipedia article on WAV Audio File Format  (you can consult Wikipedia about RIFF)

Quote:As a derivative of RIFF, WAV files can be tagged with metadata in the INFO chunk. In addition, WAV files can embed any kind of metadata, including but not limited to Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP) data or ID3 tags[27] in extra chunks. Applications may not handle this extra information or may expect to see it in a particular place. Although the RIFF specification requires that applications ignore chunks they do not recognize, some applications are confused by additional chunks.[citation needed]

Note the sentence I highlighted in bold. This may be your problem. If you put one of your tagged files on Dropbox or some such and send me the link in a private message I'll take a look.

Regards,
Ketn
(11-26-2019, 10:47 PM)grasshopper Wrote: @Tom Traubert I'm not sure why you wouldn't rip to flac, lossless is lossless, or is there a perceived benefit to using wav?  I can't imagine managing my library as wav, I'd rip to flac and enjoy the benefits of flac tags.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. 
I tried ripping one of my CDs to both wav and flac. Comparing both through windows media-player on my laptop, through wired apple earbuds (not the most revealing set-up), I detect absolutely no difference in SQ. 

But at the moment the flac metadata doesn't come through either on my moOde player. So I was wondering if there was a general error in my approach to ripping via Exact Audio Copy (EAC).

Also I was wondering if wav-format was at all feasible for sorting in the library. 
The cost of storage is at a point that does not demand the benefits of compressing the audio-files.. even lossless. at least in my case; I expect to be able to fit my collection on a 256 GB USB-stick.

Thanks
@Tom Traubert I have a lot of hi-res & I mainly get music from Bandcamp, I no longer rip or buy CD's personally.
Normally everything is tagged ok, but occasionally I edit tags in Picard (Linux) & have never had a problem with MoOde recognizing the flac tags ok. Are you sure you're refreshing the db?
It's actually the software component MPD and its plugins which decode the metadata in variously formatted music files. It then renames the values to its own set of "tags" and returns the result to moOde.

In my case this approach has dealt handily with the metadata in FLAC files I've ripped from CDs using Exact Audio Copy, dbPowerAmp, and Musichi---all in Windows---and abcde (with, e.g., cdparanoia) in Linux. I think I even dabbled with foobar2000 at one point.

Can't guess what you've actually done without taking a look at a file itself.

Regards,
Kent
Just a quick update...

Library:
Everything is working fine now when using flac. Only issue is that some cover art changes from black to white in artist view eg. Back to Black by Amy Winehouse is rendered in white, so is Metalica by Metalica.

Sound Quality:
Am I starting hearing things, I shouldn't hear? flac vs. wav.
I hear a difference in sound between flac and wav. The wav seems more natural, more detailed bass more air between instruments eg. better wider stereo image and better sound stage (hierarchy in between instruments). Flac appears to put most instruments in the front and give a hard edge to female vocals compared to wav.. a more aggressive sound. Detailing seems equal in both formats.

I have been comparing wav and flac rips of: 
-Talk Talk: Colour of Spring - Happiness is Easy etc. from the old CD [not remastered CD]. 
-Norah Jones: Feels like home and Not too Late. CD
-Glenn Gould: Bach Two- and Three Part Inventions from 1964 re-mastered in 1993. [not the 2004]

They all seem more natural in wav both on my stereo setup (see post above) and the differences persist when playing via mediaplayer and head phones from my laptop at work. The differences are small, but I definitely prefer wav. 

I have searched many forums and articles, but metadata for wav does not work between platforms; I added metadata to wav in Tagscanner but it diapeared in windows. Then I tried reducing the compression degree from default 5 to 0. Eg filesize: 33 MB in wav, 20 MB in flac least compressed and 17MB in flac compressed at level 5. Least compressed flac sounded the same as level 5 compressed.  

Could the problem be solved tweaking the sound of the flac towards a more airy, laid back and less edgy sound? I read at another forum, that there is something called replay gain as part of the flac file i have not found this in EAC, and I have no idea about any effect on sound. I read about uncompressed, flac but nothing recent. 

Any suggestions regarding specific sound tweeks or work-around library handling of wav metadata would be much appreciated. 

Thanks for reading.

/Jacob
(01-11-2020, 06:40 PM)Tom Traubert Wrote: Just a quick update...

Library:
Everything is working fine now when using flac. Only issue is that some cover art changes from black to white in artist view eg. Back to Black by Amy Winehouse is rendered in white, so is Metalica by Metalica.

Sound Quality:
Am I starting hearing things, I shouldn't hear? flac vs. wav.
I hear a difference in sound between flac and wav. The wav seems more natural, more detailed bass more air between instruments eg. better wider stereo image and better sound stage (hierarchy in between instruments). Flac appears to put most instruments in the front and give a hard edge to female vocals compared to wav.. a more aggressive sound. Detailing seems equal in both formats.

I have been comparing wav and flac rips of: 
-Talk Talk: Colour of Spring - Happiness is Easy etc. from the old CD [not remastered CD]. 
-Norah Jones: Feels like home and Not too Late. CD
-Glenn Gould: Bach Two- and Three Part Inventions from 1964 re-mastered in 1993. [not the 2004]

They all seem more natural in wav both on my stereo setup (see post above) and the differences persist when playing via mediaplayer and head phones from my laptop at work. The differences are small, but I definitely prefer wav. 

I have searched many forums and articles, but metadata for wav does not work between platforms; I added metadata to wav in Tagscanner but it diapeared in windows. Then I tried reducing the compression degree from default 5 to 0. Eg filesize: 33 MB in wav, 20 MB in flac least compressed and 17MB in flac compressed at level 5. Least compressed flac sounded the same as level 5 compressed.  

Could the problem be solved tweaking the sound of the flac towards a more airy, laid back and less edgy sound? I read at another forum, that there is something called replay gain as part of the flac file i have not found this in EAC, and I have no idea about any effect on sound. I read about uncompressed, flac but nothing recent. 

Any suggestions regarding specific sound tweeks or work-around library handling of wav metadata would be much appreciated. 

Thanks for reading.

/Jacob

Maybe you could try:
- the info for sound tweaks laid out and debated here  http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=901
- the MusicBrains Picard application for music metadata management  https://www.techhive.com/article/3192777...art-1.html

Good luck... (but bear in mind @TheOldPresbyope 's point)