Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Spotify cut First second of songs
Hi, I have moode on Raspberry 4 connected by USB to my amplifier Rotel A12 which has a dac.
It Is All ok except Spotify: when i play, the First second of all Songs it is cut. This it is very annoying.
I have the same issue with the first song of each album in my local library. The following works well but the First has the First second cut. Instead if i use Spotify all Songs have First second cut.
Why? What Can i do?
(02-16-2020, 06:01 PM)corrobor Wrote: Hi, I have moode on Raspberry 4 connected by USB to my amplifier Rotel A12 which has a dac.
It Is All ok except Spotify: when i play, the First second of all Songs it is cut. This it is very annoying.
I have the same issue with the first song of each album in my local library. The following works well but the First has the First second cut. Instead if i use Spotify all Songs have First second cut.
Why? What Can i do?

Would you happen to have a standalone USB DAC for doing an alternative test...?
(02-17-2020, 06:47 AM)CallMeMike Wrote:
(02-16-2020, 06:01 PM)corrobor Wrote: Hi, I have moode on Raspberry 4 connected by USB to my amplifier Rotel A12 which has a dac.
Why? What Can i do?

Would you happen to have a standalone USB DAC for doing an alternative test...?
Hi, i haven't another dac. I installed lms + squezelite and the problem Is solved. So the problem Is mpd? What Can i do?
Provide a means to reproduce your issue and there might be a possibility to troubleshoot it.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-17-2020, 12:05 PM)corrobor Wrote: Hi, i haven't another dac. I installed lms + squezelite and the problem Is solved. So the problem Is mpd? What Can i do?

We use the Spotify renderer fairly regularly at my place, my Pi outputs to a DAC over USB and I've never seen this.
The Spotify Connect software bundled with Moode is librespot, mpd doesn't do the Spotify playback. It does seem like it could be related to the DAC you're outputting to and how it is handling the format being fed to it.

Some DACs are not great at clock syncing at certain formats and rather than outputting nasty distortion-type phase noise when not locked in, they output silence until synced. Maybe this is happening with your Rotel's DAC?
I can see that the Rotel's DAC is UAC2 compliant, maybe try enabling the "UAC2 fix" option in Moode's system settings?
(02-17-2020, 01:15 PM)vinnn Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 12:05 PM)corrobor Wrote: Hi, i haven't another dac. I installed lms + squezelite and the problem Is solved. So the problem Is mpd? What Can i do?

We use the Spotify renderer fairly regularly at my place, my Pi outputs to a DAC over USB and I've never seen this.
The Spotify Connect software bundled with Moode is librespot, mpd doesn't do the Spotify playback. It does seem like it could be related to the DAC you're outputting to and how it is handling the format being fed to it.

Some DACs are not great at clock syncing at certain formats and rather than outputting nasty distortion-type phase noise when not locked in, they output silence until synced. Maybe this is happening with your Rotel's DAC?
I can see that the Rotel's DAC is UAC2 compliant, maybe try enabling the "UAC2 fix" option in Moode's system settings?
I tried uac2 fix but nothing
(02-17-2020, 12:43 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Provide a means to reproduce your issue and there might be a possibility to troubleshoot it.

What do you Need?
Repros typically require the exact same hardware, software and network in order to troubleshoot. In your particular case your best bet is that some other moOde user has that particular Rotel DAC and would offer to help troubleshoot.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-18-2020, 12:43 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Repros typically require the exact same hardware, software and network in order to troubleshoot. In your particular case your best bet is that some other moOde user has that particular Rotel DAC and would offer to help troubleshoot.

Hi, I reflashed last moode but the problem Is still there.
So i tried to connect by shh and i gave apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. I got a lot of update like library and kernel. Now i'm going to work and i cannot try but with a very fast test It seems ok. I have to do extensive test this evening when i Will return to my house. What do you think? I dont think to have solved, It would be too strange. But i Hope so Smile i do a very fast test (only one time, i was running), It Is not significant
@corrobor

Running apt-get update; apt-get upgrade is second nature for Linux users but you won't find it recommended here. Each release of moOde is built against specific versions of libraries and kernel and depends on them when it's running. Upgrading Raspbian presents moOde with different versions of assorted libraries and can cause mysterious breakage.

It will be interesting to hear if upgrading Raspbian has truly fixed your issue. Unfortunately, it would leave us wondering what the root cause was.

Regards,
Kent