Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Tidal setup
sorry - I'm sure I'm not seeing something.  I've read everything trying to set up Tidal thru Moode, but cannot get BubbleUPnP to recoginize the moode as a renderer -- I've been able to use the streaming radio and successfully use spotify thru their own app service (devices available) -- on Spotify, it clearly recognizes that Moode is operating on my network -- but no luck otherwise.  I've put Tidal login info in the UPnP settings.

Can someone walk me thru?

Thanks
No details of your configuration, not even moOde version, just "it doesn't work" which is not enough information to allow anyone to troubleshoot your issue.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
sorry -- I have a Rpi 4/1GB in an Allo sig player - connected via network both by ethernet and wireless. The OS was installed by Allo - I tried to find the version, I'm assuming it's the latest as I've had the machine for less than a week. I can access Moode both on phone/laptop/desktop --

I first tried BubbleUpnp both in my macbook as well as my android phone - in my macbook, I installed using the terminal instructions elsewhere on this forum, but could not obtain internet connectivity - and there were indications about dropping firewalls to solve that-- but heck, I don't even know how to do that.  Then I tried this thread earlier that led to this article:https://www.hifizine.com/2016/06/how-to-...pberry-pi/   Setting up Moode as an openhome renderer?  Still no luck - it does not appear after rebooting of all.  I must be missing something fundamental, I'm sure.

i've turned on the Upnp option in the settings and added my Tidal account info.  Since I am not knowledgable in the information you might want - could you perhaps tell me what more you need to help troubleshoot my problem ?
Firstly, you can see what version you have at the Moode menu (at top right) > Configure > System > Moode menu (again) > System Info. If it's not 6.4.2 it not current and as Tim said you should update before expecting support.
The setup guide is at https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl.../setup.txt

Otherwise all you need to play Tidal on Moode...

In Moode...
1. Moode menu > Configure > Audio
2. Enable 'UPnP Client for MPD' and hit the SET button.
3. Hit the EDIT button for UPnP config and enter/save your Tidal credentials

In BubbleUPnP mobile app...
1. In BubbleUPnP's settings goto 'Local and Cloud' > 'TIDAL' and enter your Tidal creds, exit settings.
2. Select the 'Local and cloud' library, navigate to Tidal. You should be able to navigate & play your Tidal library in BubbleUPnP on your mobile device.
3. Hit the renderer button (looks like a Chromecast icon), if you're on the same LAN as your Pi you should see Moode UPnP as an available renderer, select that to output from Moode
@vinnn

You've mixed two different modes of operation together. It's not necessary to enter Tidal credentials in BubbleUPnP. Once moOde has been configured, then any UPnP control point can access Tidal through its (moOde's) media server.

If Tidal credentials are entered into BubbleUPnP, then it can act as a proxy media server for Tidal and no Tidal credentials are necessary in moOde. Just have to browse different directories. Not all UPnP control points have this ability.

Example: I just fired up mconnect-lite to play Tidal via my moOde player. No credentials were entered into mconnect.

Regards,
Kent
thanks Kent - for your more sympathetic reply. I found the issue, it was silly -- needed to turn on local SSH, although I don't remember reading the need to do that elsewhere.

no matter -- I have sent a donation to Moode for the wonderful free software solution and for letting me explore the capabilities of streaming without getting into all that Volumio jazz -- which I definitely did not want to do.

I'm sure I'll be back with other questions, it would I think help for folks here to realize that some of us have not been with the project from the start and know next to nothing -- but that doesn't mean they are know-nothings.......

regards,

Dan
(02-21-2020, 12:55 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @vinnn

You've mixed two different modes of operation together. It's not necessary to enter Tidal credentials in BubbleUPnP. Once moOde has been configured, then any UPnP control point can access Tidal through its (moOde's) media server.

If Tidal credentials are entered into BubbleUPnP, then it can act as a proxy media server for Tidal and no Tidal credentials are necessary in moOde. Just have to browse different directories. Not all UPnP control points have this ability.

Example: I just fired up mconnect-lite to play Tidal via my moOde player. No credentials were entered into mconnect.

Regards,
Kent

Cheers Kent, hadn't realised that.
I just went from my configuration but I do also use BubbleUPnP to throw Tidal at a couple of other devices in the house other than Moode so there ya go.

(02-21-2020, 03:11 PM)dbdicker Wrote: thanks Kent - for your more sympathetic reply.  I found the issue, it was silly -- needed to turn on local SSH, although I don't remember reading the need to do that elsewhere.

no matter -- I have sent a donation to Moode for the wonderful free software solution and for letting me explore the capabilities of streaming without getting into all that Volumio jazz -- which I definitely did not want to do.  

I'm sure I'll be back with other questions, it would I think help for folks here to realize that some of us have not been with the project from the start and know next to nothing -- but that doesn't mean they are know-nothings.......

regards,

Dan

Good news that it's working, apologies if I sounded unsympathetic it was not intended. Just my harsh North England temperament I suppose.
I'm puzzled about the SSH thing though, that should make no difference.
(02-21-2020, 03:59 PM)vinnn Wrote:

Regards,
Kent

I just went from my configuration but I do also use BubbleUPnP to throw Tidal at a couple of other devices in the house other than Moode so there ya go.

(02-21-2020, 03:11 PM)dbdicker Wrote: thanks Kent - for your more sympathetic reply.  I found the issue, it was silly -- needed to turn on local SSH, although I don't remember reading the need to do that elsewhere.

regards,

Dan

Good news that it's working, apologies if I sounded unsympathetic it was not intended. Just my harsh North England temperament I suppose.
I'm puzzled about the SSH thing though, that should make no difference.

Yah, me too.....
(02-21-2020, 03:59 PM)vinnn Wrote:

(02-21-2020, 03:11 PM)dbdicker Wrote: ...I found the issue, it was silly -- needed to turn on local SSH...

Yeah, and my inherited Scots-Irish curtness slips into my posts more often than I would like! That came via my dad's ancestors. My mother tried to rid me of it but plainly she was only partially successful.

Puzzled by the SSH thing too.

Regards,
Kent

Regards,
Kent

Is this still possible?

I put my Tidal credentials into UnPNP config. Started Mconnect, Browse->Moode UPNP-mediaserver->Tidal->My Music->Favourite Album-> and Service login or communication failure.

Keso