Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Ripping CDs one or several file ?
I see here and there some poeple ripping Cds in one file track with .cue sheets.
I don't really understand the aim of having one file.

Can someone explain the goal and the differences between a track-by-track and a one track file ?

What method do you use ?

I personnally ripp my Cds in several track but generate .cue .log .m3u
(03-02-2020, 01:23 PM)a491765 Wrote: I see here and there some poeple ripping Cds in one file track with .cue sheets.
I don't really understand the aim of having one file.

Can someone explain the goal and the differences between a track-by-track and a one track file ?

What method do you use ?

I personnally ripp my Cds in several track but generate .cue .log .m3u

Well, one answer is the reply in Should I rip to single-file images or as separate tracks?

The guy who wrote How to Copy a CD As One Track claims

Quote:Gaps inserted between tracks by a CD or MP3 player can diminish the effects of a mixed CD--instead of tracks flowing into one another, there is a 1 to 2 second pause. By ripping a CD as a single track, you can enjoy seamless transitions between album tracks. 

I've never put that claim of seamless transitions to the test.

When I decided to convert my collection, I started ripping to individual tracks because I didn't want to have to keep track of cue sheets and I've never had a reason to stop.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks for your answer and links.
I just make a test its seems that moode don't use .cue due to the mpd version (v 0.22 will include .cue usage).

EDIT : Cue sheets are supported since 0.17 but it has to be display by the client @Tim Curtis Do you plan to enable cue sheets display in Moode ?
ATM i see flac grouping as unknow artist / unknow album... in a single flac file (due to the absence of tags in the flac, they are included in the cue)
This is a bit older thread. I have found it when I was searching for the answer.
I have quite some albums in one flac file with CUE sheet. The reason, as already mentioned in this thread is to be able to play it without sound break between tracks.
I am new to moode so please excuse me if the answer is obvious and I overlooked it.
When I scan my library I see such album as showed in attached picture. One track (whole album) and many tracks as in cue sheet. Note zero length for individual tracks.
The track info shows for whole album track reference to .flac file
The track info shows for individual tracks reference to cue track file (e.g.: .cue/track0003)

Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you for your kind help.

[Image: moode-001.png]
How does the album appear in Folder view?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-13-2020, 12:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: How does the album appear in Folder view?

Tim, as follows. Originally the cue file had different name, I renamed it and update lib, no change,  then I regenerate lib same result.

[Image: moode-002.png]
I mean in moOde's Library Folder view.
Enjoy the Music!
(09-13-2020, 02:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I mean in moOde's Library Folder view.

I am sorry my fault.

[Image: moode-003.png]
That looks normal.

Tag and Album views don't really handle cue sheets well and so I'll have to add a TODO list item to investigate what can be done.
Enjoy the Music!
@richo

Hi,

I've never used whole-CD-to-a-file rips but your question intrigued me enough to make one just now so I could follow along at home. 

I used abcde to rip Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon to a single FLAC file + a cuesheet file. From these, I don't get as much track info displayed as you do.

In m>Library>Folder view I get an appropriate two entries:

The first two-line entry is for the flac file itself:
  Dark Side of the Moon 42:55
  Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

The second two-line entry is for the cuesheet file:
  Dark Side of the Moon.flac 
  CUE sheet

---

In m>Library>Tag view I get only one track entry, for the single flac file, when I select the album

"1. Dark Side of the Moon        42:55  Pink Floyd        1973"

whereas you see all the tracks on your album.

---

Whether I select the album or just the flac file from the Folder view or the Tag view what shows up in the Playback view is just this 42:55 minute track.

If, however, I select the cuesheet file from the Folder view, what shows up in the Playback view is all 9 tracks properly annotated with artist/title/duration information for each track.

I don't understand why you are getting different behavior. I'm guessing that your cuesheet file is somehow different from the one generated by abcde. Could you please either post it here or PM it to me so I can have a look?

Thanks.

Regards,
Kent