Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Upcoming moOde 6.5.0
(03-22-2020, 10:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The moOde crew has made a lot of progress on r650
LOoks GREAT! How long do we have to wait?
Fantastic! Thanks for putting in so much work on this, team.
This video describes our method for determining release dates ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C6EwLTAvHc
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Classic!
(03-23-2020, 02:30 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: This video describes our method for determining release dates ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C6EwLTAvHc

Yes, that's the right approach. And that's why moode audio is so great.

Thank you Tim.
Digione Signature player + Shanti LPS - Siltech HF Classic Anniversary - Wadia Intuition 01 - XLO Reference Type 5 - Sonus Faber Sonetto VIII
Great news Tim.
(02-19-2020, 12:37 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: New feature added to System config for controlling on/off state of LED0 (Activity) and LED1 (Power). Note that AFAIK it's not possible to turn off the power LED on the SiG.

Code:
########################################################
//
// 2020-MM-DD TC moOde 6.5.0
//
########################################################

New features

- NEW: Upgrade to Raspbian Buster Lite 10.3 2020-02-13
- NEW: Audio config option for USB volume knob ON/OFF
- NEW: System config option for LED0 and LED1 ON/OFF

Updates

- UPD: Bump to Linux kernel 4.19.102 build #1295
- UPD: Bump to MPD 0.21.20
- UPD: Add DSD rate to extra metadata
- UPD: RadioActive FM 88.6 playable URL

Bug fixes

- FIX: Wrong DSD encoded-at rates reported on Audio info
- FIX: Audio info Formats showing PHP error message
- FIX: Minor corrections to Setup guide

Hello Tim, moOde contributors and users,

I've installed moOde audio on my rpis 5 days ago, sound and configurability are by far better than any other audiophile distribution I've tested (Volumio, Rune Audio, ...).
Coincidentally I've written a shell script which controls the behavior of the rpi LEDs depending on the availability of the configured sources and/or plugged in USB storage(s). The scipt is called by a one shot systemd unit file started every minute by a cron job.

Red LED is off by default.
Fixed green LED means all sources configured and/or all USB storage(s) plugged in are available.
Blinking green LED is for at least one source and/or USB storage available if multiple sources have been configured or if multiple USB storage(s) are plugged in.
Fixed red LED means no source and/or no USB storage plugged in are unavailable.

The only small drawback is when NFS shares are hard mounted. You have to use soft NFS mounts for it to work otherwise the script gets stuck waiting for the NFS server to respond (normal behavior).

I've tested it on pi 3B+ and 4B.

I can post the script and systemd unit file here if they can be of any use for someone else.

Regards from France
Why not post your work to a new entry in FAQs and Guides so users can decide from themselves?

Regards,
Kent
Sure Kent will gladly do Smile
(04-06-2020, 05:01 PM)romain Wrote: The scipt is called by a one shot systemd unit file started every minute by a cron job.
You could go the whole way and use a systemd timer to run it.
Cheers,
Phil