Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

MPD auto update
Obviously, I wasn't as familiar with the complete update chain as I thought and got too focused on MPD itself. Sorry for taking you around the barn several times.

Thanks, Tim, for outlining the three current steps as well as the coming changes.

Regards,
Kent
No problem, Kent. I very much appreciate your help and I learned a few things along the way.

Now delving in to SSH keys so I can script the whole process with minimum interaction. It's a brave new world... 

Cheers,
Roger
(04-05-2020, 01:03 PM)Coustard Wrote: No problem, Kent. I very much appreciate your help and I learned a few things along the way.

Now delving in to SSH keys so I can script the whole process with minimum interaction. It's a brave new world... 

Cheers,
Roger

I was just about to suggest you looking into the cool tricks you can do with ssh (the man page is almost 1000 lines!). You can "automagically" launch a series of commands on a remote host in a one-line command from your local host. Perfect for scripting.

Regards,
Kent
Yep - well outside my comfort zone. It's good to learn.
Check also the new "How To" I just posted to the FAQ and Guides section. You may find it useful as an alternative to ssh.

Regards,
Kent
Great, will do.