Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Official moOde 6.5.1 support thread
is it possible to disable Moode defaulting to AP mode when there is no wifi signal or at least to allow a timeout increase?

in the event of a power outage, my RPI reboots much quicker than my router, causing it to go into AP mode and require me to log into it and reconnect.  Would it be possible to add an option to either disable this behavior or allow a timeout to be set of 5-10 minutes just to make sure that there is time for the network to come back up before Moode decides to go into AP mode?
Fresh install of 6.5.1 yesterday. Library/Album view: only a handful of albums show and the alphabetical index on the right hand side is not functioning.
(04-29-2020, 03:58 PM)blarg Wrote: is it possible to disable Moode defaulting to AP mode when there is no wifi signal or at least to allow a timeout increase?

in the event of a power outage, my RPI reboots much quicker than my router, causing it to go into AP mode and require me to log into it and reconnect.  Would it be possible to add an option to either disable this behavior or allow a timeout to be set of 5-10 minutes just to make sure that there is time for the network to come back up before Moode decides to go into AP mode?

Currently the code checks 5 times for an IP address with a 3 second wait between each try for a total of 15 secs. 

Of course some sort of configurable wait option could be added but I'd need more requests for this in order to devote dev time to it. In the meantime you can increase the number of times the code checks for a wlan0 ip address by modifying the source file below.

/var/www/command/worker.php

Search for the line below, it should be around line #264 and change 5 to some higher number. 

$wlan0ip = waitForIpAddr('wlan0', 5);
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-29-2020, 04:22 PM)ICLlP Wrote: Fresh install of 6.5.1 yesterday. Library/Album view: only a handful of albums show and the alphabetical index on the right hand side is not functioning.

Check the MPD log to verify that all your albums wee successfully indexed
cat /var/log/mpd/log

Then on the Library Config page, Clear the library tag cache. It will be regenerated the next time you open Library Tag or Album view.
Enjoy the Music!
Wink 
Hello Tim, hello Kent,
Image 6.5.1 newly installed, configured, adjusted and now runs without problems.
PaspDac with Power Management (Thanks to Maartin) Okay ..
Download and install pydPiper (Winstar 80x16 OLED) Okay ..
Now everything fits ...

Wish you a nice evening..
Zeferino
Cool tubeyness :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(04-29-2020, 04:43 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 04:22 PM)ICLlP Wrote: Fresh install of 6.5.1 yesterday. Library/Album view: only a handful of albums show and the alphabetical index on the right hand side is not functioning.

Check the MPD log to verify that all your albums wee successfully indexed
cat /var/log/mpd/log

Then on the Library Config page, Clear the library tag cache. It will be regenerated the next time you open Library Tag or Album view.
Thanks Tim. Sorted!
When i disconnect Spotify renderer from moOde UI (the disconnect button), MPD does not resume, even if the option Resume MPD is set to YES for Spotify renderer, if i disconnect (or stop the music) from the app then MPD resume, i dont know if its normal behaviour ? It was already like that in previous versions.

When Bluetooth renderer is active, i can click on Bluetooth Active to go to the BlueZ settings, but when i do that, it stay on Bluez settings 1 or 2 sec then go back to the Bluetooth Active screen automaticelly without doing anything (i dont remember it was like that before), if i quikly disconnect then i have the same behavior as Spotify, mpd doesnt resume, if i disconnect from my phone, mpd resume.
(04-29-2020, 04:01 PM)maartin Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 12:01 PM)maartin Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 11:14 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The thumbnail generator (thmcache) simply logs any exceptions it encounters and then resumes scanning the directory structure for album covers.

When you say "stops scanning the music library" do you mean you are not seeing all the album cover images or do you mean some of your albums are not indexed by MPD and do not show up in any of the Library views?

I tried to express that the scanning stops at some point. I had the scan running several times but there are only a few songs in the library. I think it is looping, until i stop it.

I am going to repeat the scanning. Where do i find the log that you might want to see?

AtB

maartin

Update:

I am checking /var/log/mpd/log regularly while running a scan. It seems ok with updating all files on NAS.

Only thing i changed is to delete all arguments in Library >Advanced >Mount Flags

So maybe my Network not networking properly.

I will wait now until mpd has run trough my library.

Thanks and
AtB
maartin

Hello Maartin,
Hi Maartin,
I'm having similar problems: what does it meens : "The only thing I changed is to delete all the topics in Library> Advanced> Mount Flags"?
I am trying to clear the logs continuously and it seems a bit better ... my library has over 30,000 albums !!! and get many "warnings" for the file fields.
Thank you and greetings,
Francesco
(04-30-2020, 09:01 AM)TookaFace Wrote: When i disconnect Spotify renderer from moOde UI (the disconnect button), MPD does not resume, even if the option Resume MPD is set to YES for Spotify renderer, if i disconnect (or stop the music) from the app then MPD resume, i dont know if its normal behaviour ? It was already like that in previous versions.

When Bluetooth renderer is active, i can click on Bluetooth Active to go to the BlueZ settings, but when i do that, it stay on Bluez settings 1 or 2 sec then go back to the Bluetooth Active screen automaticelly without doing anything (i dont remember it was like that before), if i quikly disconnect then i have the same behavior as Spotify, mpd doesnt resume, if i disconnect from my phone, mpd resume.

I can repro.

When disconnecting via the disconnect button in moOde, MPD is not resumed. I'll need to look at the code to see why this is the case

The behavior where the Bluetooth Active screen keeps overlaying BlueZ config is a bug.
Enjoy the Music!