Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Moode 6.5.2 and old RPI2
Hi all to the forum members
Yesterday I tried to resume an old Raspberry PI2 stored in a drawer, trying to see if it could work with Moode (lockdown days can be long....).

I flash a microSD with the last version, install on the Raspy and try to access it. 
My first tentative was to access through wifi (I have a USB dongle for it), but no success at all. Then I tried using an ethernet cable plugged into a powerline adapter and I was able to access to Moode to configure it (btw, the moode.local way didn't work, so I had to scan my LAN to find the IP address used by the Raspy...) . No problem, I enter and configure all the stuff (region, NAS source, MPD options and servers etc. etc.).
I let I2SDevice set to "none" (I don't have a DAC to use for now), and set the MPD related option to "on board device". I enabled also HDMI because the idea was to pluc it into the front HDMI port on my AVR. Finally I set the Volume Control to "Disabled" in order to manage it from the AVR knob. 
Ok , it seems work.. but there are two things that are not working: 

1) Wi-Fi access: no way to work. Sometimes it connects, sometimes no (and I try very closed to the router...)
2) Whenever I try to play some content from Tidal, the tedious "MPD fail to decode" message appear. Obviously I check the TIDAL credentials and all are OK.
   The whole messages says  : "MPD Error ; Failed to decode http://myip:49149/tidal/track?version=1&trackId_34454466; CURL failed; Empty reply from the server ". How can I solve it ? 

thanks!
Andrea

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@mancio61

Not enough technical details given to nail down two of these issues.

You said:

Quote:My first tentative was to access through wifi (I have a USB dongle for it), but no success at all. 

When first booted with no connection to Ethernet but with a WiFi adapter, moOde comes up in AP mode with the AP SSID "moode". Are you saying you couldn't find this AP? Some USB-WiFi adapters don't support the AP host mode. What is the make/model of yours? The make/model (and associated driver) can also have an effect on the WiFi client mode. This may also be an issue with the WiFi access point on your router.

and later

Quote:Wi-Fi access: no way to work. Sometimes it connects, sometimes no (and I try very closed to the router...)

This just reinforces my sense that your WiFi adapter and/or its driver is a problem.

Quote:btw, the moode.local way didn't work, so I had to scan my LAN to find the IP address used by the Raspy...

Well, yes it does, if you are querying from a host/OS/app which supports the .local pseudodomain (you can look up mDNS to find out more about this alternative method of resolving a hostname into an IP address). What were you using to use "the moode.local" way? And didn't using just "moode" work to resolve the IP address? If not, there may be an issue with your regular DNS.

Quote:The whole messages says  : "MPD Error ; Failed to decode http://myip:49149/tidal/track?version=1&trackId_34454466; CURL failed; Empty reply from the server "

Ah, now this one's interesting. I don't use Tidal much any more but last time I checked it was working in the UPnP renderer of three different moOde players with my Tidal account credentials entered into UPnP config. Now it's not, including on the player with the latest version of upmpdcli (1.4.9) installed. This will take some detective work. 

Regards,
Kent
I had Tidal playing yesterday, using Linn Kazoo. Now I'm getting 'Service login or communication failure'.
Edit: Same issue using BubbleUPnP on my Android phone. Looks like Tidal have removed this access, which would mean I'd have to use the awful Airplay. So back to Spotify maybe next.
1) It's a basic EDimax wifi dongle that I bought some years ago together with the Raspy, there's no Product ID label on top....
2) I don't have DNS issues in my LAN (AFAIK...)
3) This is strange. I had another streamer RPi-based (this with a DAC HAT on top), and TIDAL works perfectly. Tipically I drive TIDAL from my smartphone using apps like Linn or Kazoo. With the "old" RPi, I'm able to apparently enter in TIDAL, but "MyArtists" collection appear to be empty .. very strange. Another strange thing is that I'm not able to list also the Radio from the Moode Web UI... I think this shall be analyze better in details...
Yeah looks like something has changed with the Tidal API, that said if using Bubbleupnp you can access Tidal by going into BubbleUPnP's settings, then [Local and Cloud] > [Tidal] and enter your credentials there.

Then you can access Tidal directly in BubbleUPnP and send to Moode's renderer.
This is how I usually send Tidal to Moode as BubbleUPnP's navigation of the Tidal library is more comprehensive than the UPnP client running on Moode. It still works.
(05-13-2020, 06:10 PM)vinnn Wrote: Yeah looks like something has changed with the Tidal API, that said if using Bubbleupnp you can access Tidal by going into BubbleUPnP's settings, then [Local and Cloud] > [Tidal] and enter your credentials there.

This is how I usually send Tidal to Moode as BubbleUPnP's navigation of the Tidal library is more comprehensive than the UPnP client running on Moode. It still works.

I just tried that vinnn but i get 'Authentication failed. Unable to resolve host "api.tidal.com"' when I enter my credentials.
Or use the Tidal app on another device and stream to moOde via Bluetooth or Airplay depending on the host.

But we should move the discussion of upmpdcli and its Tidal plugin to its own thread.

Regards,
Kent
(05-13-2020, 06:22 PM)jonners Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 06:10 PM)vinnn Wrote: Yeah looks like something has changed with the Tidal API, that said if using Bubbleupnp you can access Tidal by going into BubbleUPnP's settings, then [Local and Cloud] > [Tidal] and enter your credentials there.

I just tried that vinnn but i get 'Authentication failed. Unable to resolve host "api.tidal.com"' when I enter my credentials.

I've just logged out BubbleUPnP (Android) from.Tidal and re-entered my creds and it connects no problem.
So you're selecting Tidal within the "Local and Cloud" library? (not the MoodeUPNP library)
(05-13-2020, 06:31 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Or use the Tidal app on another device and stream to moOde via Bluetooth or Airplay depending on the host.

But we should move the discussion of upmpdcli and its Tidal plugin to its own thread.

Regards,
Kent

Indeed
I re-installed Bubble and your advice now works, Vinnn. Thanks!
Sorry for derailing the thread