Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.5.2 support thread
Hmmm

[Image: JJPjqmE.jpg]

This is stock 6.5.2 (I think---too many players and too many experiments!) with default pixel setting.

To my eye, the 4-digit time display is displaced a skosh up and to the left in the roundel from what I see in your screen capture. As well, the cute little ears on <<RADIO>> appear clipped. Maybe I need to correct for the Coriolis effect.

Regards,
Kent
What viewport size?

Give square pixels a try.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Look up-thread to post #68 for viewport sizes. 

If I change to square pixels the logo aspect ratio changes, of course, but I don't see much difference in the relative location of the time digits and <<RADIO>> is still clipped.

Again, this is on an RPi3B+, not a 4B. Both the hardware and the supporting firmware conceivably could make a difference.

I'm supposed to receive some physically small USB flash drives later today. When they arrive, I'm going to flash a fresh image of 6.5.2 to one to use in USB Mass Storage Boot mode on this particular player (the SmartPi case I have for the TouchScreen and RPi is lovely but it makes access to the uSD card impossible once it's assembled).

While testing that I can check that the UI looks the same with a fresh install, just in case I have forgotten making some mod to the UI.

Regards,
Kent
Did u clear local UI browser cache (System Config)?
Enjoy the Music!
(05-18-2020, 05:16 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Did u clear local UI browser cache (System Config)?

Yep.
Its an odd issue. If I could repro then maybe its possible to fix it.
Enjoy the Music!
(05-18-2020, 02:54 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: This is stock 6.5.2 (I think---too many players and too many experiments!) with default pixel setting.

To my eye, the 4-digit time display is displaced a skosh up and to the left in the roundel from what I see in your screen capture. As well, the cute little ears on <<RADIO>> appear clipped. Maybe I need to correct for the Coriolis effect.

Mine looks like Kent's.  I'm happy to keep trying things if you have any other ideas to help you reproduce it on your end.
In terms of the RPI Display issue, I note I haven't enabled overlay scrollbars in Chromium as the setting appears to have been removed.  On my previous installs I would always go into #Flags and enable it.

Do I need to do that to get the display looking correct?  If so, how do I do it without the option in the #Flags?

I read on Reddit that you can set overlay scrollbars with the launch command for Chromium, but I haven't tried to do that.
It's already in the launch command in 6.5.2 which is why the documentation in the Build recipe that described how to manually turn them on was removed.

Here is the item from the 6.5.0 relnotes:

- UPD: Add -enable-features=OverlayScrollbar to xinitrc
Enjoy the Music!
Don't know if this has been noticed earlier.  I have recently loaded up and am enjoying 6.5.2 in one of my players,  and tried the Crossfeed feature for the headphones for the first time in a while.  I get no sound and this error msg in a box:

MPD error

Failed to open "ALSA crossfeed" (alsa); Error opening ALSA device "crossfeed"; snd_pcm_hw_params() failed: Invalid argument

I tried first and last crossfeed options,  same error.  Turn it back off, and things play normally again.  Pi is a 3b v1.2