Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Allo USBridge Signature
Thats encouraging :-) When you get to a point where you feel satisfied that the glitches are gone, please report the results to Allo in the Audiophile Style Forum.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-01-2020, 08:21 PM)sjt1970 Wrote: After 1 day of listening on 651, still good.

hello, I have installed 6.5.1 today and gave it a try. 
Streaming Tidal from an iphone/ipad with mconnect to Fritzbox WLAN router via CAT7 to Allo USBridge Sig. via Intona USB Isolator to a Chord Mojo DAC.
The USBridge Sig is powered by the Shanti LPS with "Helix" Power cords.
I did not have clicks and ticks during playback with 6.4.2, but had to set cpu to "performance" and did set buffer to "8192kb".

So far with 6.5.1. I can run cpu with "on demand" setting and having no clicks/ticks/pops. Furthermore I think I have less clicks/ticks when I skip forewards or backwards during playback. In the past with 6.4.2 this happend sometimes.

As well I think I have less clipping with 6.5.1. on some titles which are recorded to the limit, like <pure me water> from Mr. Eazi or <limit to your love> from James Blake.

Very happy with the updated 6.5.1 !!! and donated.
(05-02-2020, 11:19 AM)Manni Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 08:21 PM)sjt1970 Wrote: After 1 day of listening on 651, still good.

So far with 6.5.1. I can run cpu with "on demand" setting and having no clicks/ticks/pops. Furthermore I think I have less clicks/ticks when I skip forewards or backwards during playback. In the past with 6.4.2 this happend sometimes.

Very happy with the updated 6.5.1 !!! and donated.

Day 3 (or something like that) and still good on 651 (actually just did in place upgrade to 652 now). The quote above is my experience also.
Comfast CF-912AC dual-band WiFi adapter works perfectly with the SIG. The driver for it is included with every moOde release. You also might want to get a 90 deg USB extender. https://www.amazon.com/USB-Male-Female-E...549&sr=8-4

All the USB ports can be used as general purpose ports. The port labeled DAC has special low noise characteristics that are goodness for USB DAC's.

moOde includes the Squeezelite renderer. You can prolly load LMS on a moOde build but I've never tested it. It's web server might conflict with the one moOde uses.

I'm not sure what version of moOde Allo is offering. It would be best just to download 6.5.2 from moodeaudio.org and start with the latest :-)
Enjoy the Music!
I've never used LMS, but those who have seem to say that it's best to run it separately, on a RPi4 for example.
What @jonners said. Besides, you don’t want to have reinstall your LMS each time you flash a new moOde image.

LMS runs on almost anything.

Regards,
Kent
(05-23-2020, 07:41 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Comfast CF-912AC dual-band WiFi adapter works perfectly with the SIG.

Hello Tim,

I have to contradict you. As of moOde release 6.4.2, the Comfast Stick no longer works. The stick can be installed and connected to the network. But there are extreme system hangers during booting and operation. An Ethernet connection only works after the stick has been removed. Reinstalling the driver (sudo wget http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-...stall-wifi -O / usr / bin / install-wifi) did not bring a solution.

MoOde release 6.4.0 works perfectly with the Comfast Stick!

Can you check that please. Thank you.
I'm not sure what's happening in your particular case but there were no issues in my tests of CF-912AC + SIG for the r642 release. Same for all the r65y releases.

Bump to current release 6.5.2 and if issue still persists post steps that can be used to reproduce it.
Enjoy the Music!
I found the cause why moOde 6.4.2 and 6.5.2 (USBridge or Raspberry3 / 4) crashes in connection with the Comfast Stick.

The reason is an error in the operation of the WLAN connection with the 5 GHz WLAN standard WLAN-n+ac !

- moOde 6.4.2 and 6.5.2 crash with 'kernel panic' if the WLAN standard WLAN-n+ac is activated on the router Huh
- moOde 6.4.0 works perfectly with WLAN-n+ac (5 Ghz, 866 Mbit/s)
- Windows 10 works perfectly with WLAN-n+ac  (5 Ghz, 866 Mbit/s)

If WLAN-n+a (5 GHz, max. 300 Mbit / s) is set in the router, moOde 6.4.2 and 6.5.2 will also function stably without problems.

Seems to be a bug in the Raspian kernel.
You might want to file an issue with the Raspbian Linux maintainers.
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues
Enjoy the Music!