Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.7.1 support thread
Moode works fine for me with my ever-growing 95000 track collection. That said my low-ish end tablet can struggle sometimes rendering the large album list but other faster devices are fine (I must get a better tablet one of these days). MPD and the Pi running it has no resource issues with building and playing a library of that size, however 1/4 million tracks is a lot @moodenigo, impressive Smile

I'm late to the discussion but I don't know why one would be running a 64-bit kernel on a Pi with 4GB or less RAM, surely all that'd achieve is higher memory usage no?
(07-27-2020, 09:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I don't have a Piano 2.1 device so if there is a fix I'm not able to test and verify it for moOde, only someone that has the device can do that on my behalf.

Their support is really good so I'm sure they will help you out.

I'm happy to test out any proposed fix for you, but my technical knowledge is limited at best

if you could outline briefly what has changed between Moode 6.52 and 6.71 that could possibly affect the loading of the 2.1 driver, that would help my enquiry , otherwise all i can say is "it doesn't work" 

Lx
(07-28-2020, 06:38 AM)lurkio Wrote: I'm happy to test out any proposed fix for you, but my technical knowledge is limited at best

if you could outline briefly what has changed between Moode 6.52 and 6.71 that could possibly affect the loading of the 2.1 driver, that would help my enquiry , otherwise all i can say is "it doesn't work" 

Lx

Being fair to Tim it seems to be Allo driver issue thus this isn't something that is maintained or can be addressed by the Moode project.
You should really approach Allo for issues with the Allo drivers in the Linux kernel, you'll find Allo's support forum here.
(07-28-2020, 06:57 AM)vinnn Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 06:38 AM)lurkio Wrote: I'm happy to test out any proposed fix for you, but my technical knowledge is limited at best

Lx

Being fair to Tim it seems to be Allo driver issue thus this isn't something that is maintained or can be addressed by the Moode project.
You should really approach Allo for issues with the Allo drivers in the Linux kernel, you'll find Allo's support forum here.

so can I say that recent linux kernels used by Moodeaudio are incompatible with the Allo piano 2.1 driver - is that accurate?

thanks for the link 

lx
I already wrote here about problem between Piano 2.1 and new Linux kernel. You can add some additional information there Smile
(07-28-2020, 07:47 AM)Pixxel Wrote: I already wrote here about problem between Piano 2.1 and new Linux kernel. You can add some additional information there Smile

Does not resolve... Dead Link ?

Quote:Sorry, there is a problem
We could not locate the item you are trying to view.
Error code: 2F173/O
----------
bob
(07-28-2020, 07:25 AM)lurkio Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 06:57 AM)vinnn Wrote:

Lx

so can I say that recent linux kernels used by Moodeaudio are incompatible with the Allo piano 2.1 driver - is that accurate?

thanks for the link 

lx

From my experience Allo move on from their product extremely quickly.
They promote how wonderful their newest released board is then move on.... Rinse and repeat.

...all my emails have been unanswered...

The Allo piano 2.1 documentation is case in point...the Header PIN Out Details are reversed and despite notifying Allo of this no change has been made to the documents.
----------
bob
(07-28-2020, 08:16 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 07:47 AM)Pixxel Wrote: I already wrote here about problem between Piano 2.1 and new Linux kernel. You can add some additional information there Smile

Topic still pending to be approved by a moderatorWink
(07-28-2020, 09:30 AM)Pixxel Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 08:16 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:

Topic still pending to be approved by a moderatorWink

Big Grin
----------
bob
(07-28-2020, 04:00 AM)Dradder Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 11:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: As I've mentioned in other posts moOde is not designed for giant, multi-100,000 track collections. Important parts of moOde simply won't function well or at all for example Library Tag/Album views, Auto-shuffle. There will probably be other parts that break as well.

For my purposes, moOde works fine with my giant, multi-100,000 track collection -- as long as I set the system to use the 32-bit kernel while databasing the collection, and then switch to the 64-bit kernel when the database is complete. The only functions that seem broken are in fact the Tag and Album views, which just show the Stereo Test track on the SD card. But I never use those views -- I just select music to be played from the Folder view. For me, the Tag and Album views simply aren't "important parts of moOde."

I don't use the Auto-shuffle function, either, but I tested it and it seems to work fine with my collection.

Those views are broken because for humongous libraries like yours and mine the value of "max_output_buffer_size", 131072, is too small. I suggested @Tim Curtis  to increase that. I also explained how to do that in a way that sticks (just editing /etc/mpd.conf and restarting mpd does not work, because once you change MPD configuration the file is generated again from a database and the old default value is recreated). Try with 262144 or 524288... and please report which value works for you.