Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Support dsd it is possible to connect on Moode?
Lightbulb 
Can who knows how to Support dsd it is possible to connect on Moode?

Pi4+PI2AES .There are no dsd >dop settings in the mode menu and it does not See dsd files in dsf folders .Indicates that the folders are empty.Connecting the coax.Upnp server and Babblupnp management are enabled
(10-12-2020, 01:23 PM)Victor Wrote: Can who knows how to Support dsd it is possible to connect on Moode?

Pi4+PI2AES .There are no dsd >dop settings in the mode menu and it does not See dsd files in dsf folders .Indicates that the folders are empty.Connecting the coax.Upnp server and Babblupnp management are enabled

Always tell us the details of your system before starting a discussion of what isn't working for you.

What version of moOde are you running? The latest release is 6.7.1 and the one being actively supported.

Where are your audio tracks stored? If on a NAS, then what is the NAS and are you using Samba/SMB, NFS, or UPnP as the access protocol?

How are you controlling your moOde player? Using the moOde WebUI or a UPnP Control Point or what?

Does your system work when you playback the Stereo Test track? ... other non-DSD audio tracks in you library?

You probably should also attach the System info listing.

------------

It looks like you are asking several different questions.  

1) Does moOde support DSD-encoded material? Yes it does. Right now with my moOde 6.7.1 player and the WebUI I'm looking at a listing of .dsf files in the Library>Folder View, having drilled down to the correct folder. They also can be found in the Library>Tag View and the Library Album View.

2) How does one configure moOde to send DSD-encoded material to my DAC? In moOde 6.7.1, click through to the menus m>Configure>MPD Options to the MPD Config screen and look under Audio device. You'll see the box labelled "DSD over PCM". This is the same as "DoP". Click on the information (i) button to find out what answering No or Yes will do.

In my case I have a DAC which can play DSD-encoded material either natively or via DoP, so I can use either setting. I can find no information online about the PI2AES to know if it can play DSD natively or via DoP either.

Using UPnP is a different issue which I won't address in detail here. I will say only that using the mconnectLite app on my iPad and with music served via UPnP from minimserver on a Linux box I am able to see and select DSD-encoded tracks.

Regards,
Kent
https://yadi.sk/d/djq7JmSa-IYEFQ
Pi4+PI2AES +USB hard drive.
moOde 6.7.1 as you can see, there are no DOP settings.
and DSD through MPD is reproduced as PCM 192 kHz. At the AEC,Cox,optician,and I2S inputs.
There are no settings DOP.
Did I make myself clear?
@Victor

I said 

Quote:You'll see the box labelled "DSD over PCM". This is the same as "DoP".

and on your third image there is the box labelled "DSD over PCM", third down from the top.
(10-12-2020, 09:02 PM)Старый пресбиоп Wrote: @Victor

I said 

and on your third image there is the box labelled "DSD over PCM", third down from the top.

In this mode, there is noise.At the AEC,Cox,optician,and I2S inputs.
@Victor
You mentioned that you have a "Pi2AES" which as far as I can see is an SPDIF interface.
You haven't told anyone what your DAC is, are you sure your DAC supports DSD or DoP?

Another thing you should be aware of is the bandwidth of an SPDIF interface tops out at PCM 24/192 and DSD64 DoP. If you're trying to play dsfs that are a higher rate than DSD64 that aint going to happen over SPDIF, USB is the way to go.
(10-12-2020, 09:14 PM)Victor Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 09:02 PM)Старый пресбиоп Wrote: @Victor

I said 

In this mode, there is noise.

To follow up on @vinnn, various things are possible:

1) the DAC supports DSD natively and reports this to moOde/ALSA. As the information bubble says, "Native DSD is used automatically if supported in Linux/ALSA and the audio device." If a DSD-encoded track is started, moOde/ALSA will send it unchanged to the DAC.

aside - I don't know if it is possible for a DAC to report back through S/PDIF.

2) the DAC supports DSD but only through DoP. There's no way for moOde to detect this so you just have to know it. One has two choices

2a) set DSD over PCM = Yes. As the info bubble says, "- Yes: DoP is used if native DSD support is not available." This means that if a DSD-encoded track is started, moOde/ALSA effectively packetize the DSD stream inside PCM and send it to the DAC as DoP. The DAC unpacks this back into a DSD stream.

2b) set DSD over PCM = No. As the info bubble says, "- No: DSD to PCM on-the-fly conversion is used if native DSD support is not available." The result is what you first reported. If a DSD-encoded track is started, moOde/ALSA convert the DSD stream into PCM. This is not the same as 2a. The DAC treats this as PCM.

3) the DAC does not support DSD at all. Now those two choices become

3a) set DSD over PCM = Yes. As before, if a DSD-encoded track is started, moOde/ALSA packetize the DSD stream inside PCM and send it to the DAC as DoP. The DAC plays it as PCM (which it is not!) and outputs noise.

3b) set DSD over PCM = No. As before, if a DSD-encoded track is started, moOde/ALSA convert the DSD stream into PCM and send it to the DAC. The DAC plays it as PCM.

So, the information in your two posts suggests to me that your DAC does not support native DSD, or at least cannot report back so, and does not support DSD over PCM aka DoP.

Regards,
Kent
(10-12-2020, 10:17 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 09:14 PM)Victor Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 09:02 PM)Старый пресбиоп Wrote: @Victor

I said 

In this mode, there is noise.

To follow up on @vinnn, various things are possible:

1) the DAC supports DSD natively and reports this to moOde/ALSA. As the information bubble says, "Native DSD is used automatically if supported in Linux/ALSA and the audio device." If a DSD-encoded track is started, moOde/ALSA will send it unchanged to the DAC.

aside - I don't know if it is possible for a DAC to report back through S/PDIF.

2) the DAC supports DSD but only through DoP. There's no way for moOde to detect this so you just have to know it. One has two choices

2a) set DSD over PCM = Yes. As the info bubble says, "- Yes: DoP is used if native DSD support is not available." This means that if a DSD-encoded track is started, moOde/ALSA effectively packetize the DSD stream inside PCM and send it to the DAC as DoP. The DAC unpacks this back into a DSD stream.

2b) set DSD over PCM = No. As the info bubble says, "- No: DSD to PCM on-the-fly conversion is used if native DSD support is not available." The result is what you first reported. If a DSD-encoded track is started, moOde/ALSA convert the DSD stream into PCM. This is not the same as 2a. The DAC treats this as PCM.

3) the DAC does not support DSD at all. Now those two choices become

3a) set DSD over PCM = Yes. As before, if a DSD-encoded track is started, moOde/ALSA packetize the DSD stream inside PCM and send it to the DAC as DoP. The DAC plays it as PCM (which it is not!) and outputs noise.

3b) set DSD over PCM = No. As before, if a DSD-encoded track is started, moOde/ALSA convert the DSD stream into PCM and send it to the DAC. The DAC plays it as PCM.

So, the information in your two posts suggests to me that your DAC does not support native DSD, or at least cannot report back so, and does not support DSD over PCM aka DoP.

Regards,
Kent
Thank you.
Topping D90 has the support of both DoP and Native.
This means that Pi2AES does not output the DoP format.
(10-12-2020, 09:54 PM)Работа Wrote: @Victor
You mentioned that you have a "Pi2AES" which as far as I can see is an SPDIF interface.
You haven't told anyone what your DAC is, are you sure your DAC supports DSD or DoP?

Another thing you should be aware of is the bandwidth of an SPDIF interface tops out at PCM 24/192 and DSD64 DoP. If you're trying to play dsfs that are a higher rate than DSD64 that aint going to happen over SPDIF, USB is the way to go.

Thank you.I know that.
(10-13-2020, 06:51 AM)Victor Wrote: Thank you.
Topping D90 has the support of both DoP and Native.
This means that Pi2AES does not output the DoP format.

If you have a Topping D90 you're doing it a disservice connecting through a SPDIF board, connect it to USB and everything will be supported upto 32/768 PCM, native DSD512 and MQA (if you have the MQA version of the D90 of course).