Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Player commands over USB
Hi,

It would be nice to have the option to receive and execute commands send by DAC and received by Moode over USB. These could be Prev, Play/Pause and Next.

Thanks
(12-10-2020, 04:47 PM)codiac Wrote: Hi,

It would be nice to have the option to receive and execute commands send by DAC and received by Moode over USB. These could be Prev, Play/Pause and Next.

Thanks

Interesting idea. Implicit in this suggestion is the notion that the USB interface of the DAC includes some HID (human interface device) class endpoints in addition to audio device class endpoints. I've never possessed such a DAC. What are some?

Regards,
Kent
There is a thread showing how to do this on Mo0de 4.2...

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=346

I haven't had chance to try this on the more recent builds but since I have a Sanskit 10th DAC with IR remote in theory it should be possible to implement. I'm sortof waiting on Mo0de 7 to drop then I'll have a play as I use several other customisations too and my current 'system' is running faultlessly, plus what little free time I have had recently has been used to listen rather than tinker Wink
(12-10-2020, 07:01 PM)Steve B Wrote: There is a thread showing how to do this on Mo0de 4.2...

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=346

I haven't had chance to try this on the more recent builds but since I have a Sanskit 10th DAC with IR remote in theory it should be possible to implement. I'm sortof waiting on Mo0de 7 to drop then I'll have a play as I use several other customisations too and my current 'system' is running faultlessly, plus what little free time I have had recently has been used to listen rather than tinker Wink

Thanks for that. I'd never looked at it closely and had completely forgotten it.

However, I'm confused. If the DAC is acting as a USB HID device then I'd want to use triggerhappy, not lirc. With the triggerhappy daemon already available in moOde now (enabled when one opts for US volume knob), I'm thinking the desired operation is close to "just works". Or not?

Regards,
Kent
I had just bookedmarked the above link when I was browsing before I had mo0de up and working with a view to it being useful later on but you're correct triggerhappy is now being included and would seem to be the better option. Everyday is a learning day Cool

I'll try to make some time this coming week and give it a go and report back with my results.

Thanks as always for your help Smile
Oh yes, triggerhappy now is there, works, and if you want you can even customize commands by editing the /etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d/media.conf file.
By default pushing the knob mutes audio, but I preferred to pause/play.
I changed this line:
KEY_MUTE 1 /var/www/vol.sh -mute
into this:
KEY_MUTE 1 /usr/bin/mpc toggle
After restarting the triggerhappy service my button switches between playback and pause!