Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Tidal Connect on moOde Audio
Hello!

Is there any chance, that mOode will receive an update with implemented Tidal Connect? If so, when would it be possible?

Tidal Connect: one-touch casting of hi-res and Dolby Atmos music
(10-21-2020, 04:54 PM)jackobtone Wrote: Hello!

Is there any chance, that mOode will receive an update with implemented Tidal Connect? If so, when would it be possible?

Tidal Connect: one-touch casting of hi-res and Dolby Atmos music

I don't think you'll get MQA, Tim has said it will never appear on MoOde, however is there an open source app or plugin that can be integrated into MoOde to give Tidal Connect?
Personally I just use Bubble UPnP if I need to stream Tidal.
(10-21-2020, 10:57 PM)beershaun Wrote: +1 on Tidal Connect support. I want to use the Tidal App like I can the Spotify App to target my Moode player instead of bubbleupnp on my Android device.

Is there an open source implementation in active development?  I think the Devs need that before they can do anything.
(10-22-2020, 02:49 PM)grasshopper Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 10:57 PM)beershaun Wrote: +1 on Tidal Connect support. I want to use the Tidal App like I can the Spotify App to target my Moode player instead of bubbleupnp on my Android device.

Is there an open source implementation in active development?  I think the Devs need that before they can do anything.

This is exactly the question to ask and there's no point of asking it here.

The only reason "...like I can the Spotify App to target my Moode player..." is possible is because the open-source librespot project has written and supported a substantial codebase over the years which implements a Spotify renderer. By my count, the librespot repo contains 60 source-code (Ruby) files and an equal number of supporting files so this is far from a simple project. It requires intimate knowledge of the Spotify API and protocol. As well, it is unsanctioned work. From the disclaimer on its README page, "Using this code to connect to Spotify's API is probably forbidden by them. Use at your own risk." At any moment, Spotify could make a change which invalidates the effort.

In the case of Tidal, they've already shown their dislike for open-source projects by constantly changing authentication codes required by a client to access the Tidal servers, which is why the maintainer of upmpdcli has dropped his support for a Tidal plugin and why the Tidal plugin in MPD is now officially defunct. Only time will tell if they change their stance with this roll out of Tidal Connect. I'm not holding my breath.

Regards,
Kent
Tidal connect would be a very good addition to Moode! Tidal usage is growing and we can use a nice and easy to use Tidal integration in Moode.
(10-24-2020, 07:37 PM)Supersurfer Wrote: Tidal connect would be a very good addition to Moode! Tidal usage is growing and we can use a nice and easy to use Tidal integration in Moode.

I don't think many people would disagree that tidal connect integration in MoOde would be a good thing, being able to connect to different players throughout the house and car from the same app, just pausing the same playlist with very little interruption is certainly a benefit, however until there is an opensource implementation MoOde can use, it can't / will not happen.
I'm now testing BubbleUPnP with the Xposed Audio Cast module, this allows me to use Tidal's native app and play it in Moode using BubbleUPnP, a bit far-fetched, but it works, you need root in Android.

Edues
+1  Tidal Connect would be amazing and at the same time a must if Moode wants to keep relevant.

About BubbleUpnp and Mconnect, I use both to stream to Mood but what I find is that the stream is limited to 48khz so is not possible to stream MQA 24 bit 96khz or more.

I'm just hopping Tidal Connect will allow to stream MQA at max quality.
It is clear there is demand for this, we also know that it won't happen until there is an open source Tidal Connect renderer. This pressure needs to be applied to Tidal to ask them to loosen up their iron grip on what is allowed to connect rather than applying it here in the hope that moOde will somehow manage to conjure up a connection method from nothing.
----------------
Robert
"Good news, the first step is done.
We’ve had a call with TIDAL technical team (very pleasant meeting, BTW) and we’ve been approved to have TIDAL Connect SDK.
We’re now in the process of implementing it, but it won’t be quick. The implementation is quite complex and there is a certification process involved, so my best estimate would be Q2 2021"
Adding Tidal Connect