Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Samba mount seems to work but fails
In moOde 7 series the CIFS protocol is queried using the nmap command and the mount will use the highest protocol available :-)

There is no need in most cases to specify the protocol version in the mount options.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-30-2021, 11:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: In moOde 7 series the CIFS protocol is queried using the nmap command and the mount will use the highest protocol available :-)

There is no need in most cases to specify the protocol version in the mount options.

Sorry if i wasn't clear. The issue is I can't use the web front end to mount Samba with latest Ubuntu (20.04). If I use Samba set up from older Ubuntu version such as 18.0.4, it works.

From Moode Log screen.

20210330 171726 sourceMount(): Mount error: (mount error(95): Operation not supported
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs))
20210330 171726 worker: NAS and UPnP sources (mountall initiated)

The only difference I've noticed with the new samba mount is I have to specify forceuser in smb.conf in order for me to see/click on Music directory which is the share from Win.
The symptom suggests a server issue for example permissions, Samba config, etc.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-30-2021, 11:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom suggests a server issue for example permissions, Samba config, etc.

OK, thanks Tim.  I'll take a deeper look.  FWIW, i used the command line  you gave in the original post and change the version to 3 like below and am able to mount ./test

sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.x.x/Music -o username=guest,password='',rsize=61440,wsize=65536,iocharset=utf8,vers=3.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777 ./test
Ended up sticking this line into /etc/fstab and it does the job...meaning Moode could see/play content of NAS

//192.168.x.x/Music /mnt/NAS cifs username=guest,password=,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,vers=3.0 0 0