Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 7.3.0 release
You can select the driver overlay if it's in the list. The list is generated by enumerating the overlays contained in the kernel directory /boot/overlays.

This option is available as of 7.2.0 release.

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Here's latest WIP release notes.

An option has been added to turn off the Now-playing (EQ bars animation) icon. This is mainly to avoid slight increase in CPU utilization in chromium-browser for Local display.

Code:
########################################################
//
// 2021-MM-DD TC moOde 7.3.0
//
########################################################

New features

- NEW: Volume normalization and format options for librespot

Updates

- UPD: Bump to librespot 0.2.0
- UPD: Bump to CamillaDSP 0.5.1 and CamillaGUI 0.7.0
- UPD: Add verbose debug option to CamillaDSP
- UPD: Run updMpdConf() after in-place update
- UPD: Improve method for updating currentsong.txt
- UPD: Option to turn off Now-playing (EQ bars) icon

Bug fixes

- FIX: Missing "Roonbridge Active" in currentsong.txt
- FIX: Currentsong.txt truncated at startup
- FIX: Airplay, Spotify renderers crash when ALSA Loopback On
Enjoy the Music!
(05-22-2021, 11:51 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Here's latest WIP release notes.

An option has been added to turn off the Now-playing (EQ bars animation) icon. This is mainly to avoid slight increase in CPU utilization in chromium-browser for Local display.
thanks for that, i will be testing
(05-22-2021, 11:51 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Here's latest WIP release notes.

Great !  (more appreciated here for the removal of their distraction than CPU utilisation... but... whatever the symptom its a cure that's welcome  Smile )
----------
bob
@fdealexa made the case that it marginally increased CPU utilization on Local display which is already a performance challenged environment so credit where credit is due :-)

How do you not like the EQ bars ;-)
Enjoy the Music!
(05-23-2021, 12:31 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: How do you not like the EQ bars ;-)

Well......The timer worm shows the track is playing Smile ...the currently playing track is colour highlighted in the playlist Smile 

so the 'bouncy castle' seems superfluous....  and I find anything that flashes distracting...but that is just me and not having owned or used a television for 30+ years now and using ad blockers everywhere I have a very smooth and "book-like" window to the world....;-) (I'll turn the page when I'm damn well ready !....lol...)

Ymmv Big Grin

Cheers,
bob
----------
bob
Bouncy castle bars remind me of cheapo 'music centres'. I'll be happy to turn them off! Smile
when will this update come out? I can't wait: D
Just one or two more things to finish yo and test so prolly in June.
Enjoy the Music!
Thumbs Up 
(05-23-2021, 12:31 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @fdealexa made the case that it marginally increased CPU utilization on Local display which is already a performance challenged environment so credit where credit is due :-)

How do you not like the EQ bars ;-)

Hi Tim, 
Thanks for the credit: I appreciated it but it was not due.  Wink 
I have increased the CPU performances more than 10% in one of the moode systems that I use as server for DAB radio, FM radio and DVB-T radio and to listen music too, so the CPU load is critical.
Thanks again and best regards,
Francesco