Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Apple Music Lossless Audio
Apple announced that they are adding lossless playback to their Music service starting some time in June.

Will there be a way for MoOde to playback the lossless files?  I'm thinking not since Airplay doesn't support lossless, but wondering if there might be a work around.

Thx

Quote:Lossless Audio
Apple Music will also make its catalog of more than 75 million songs available in Lossless Audio. Apple uses ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) to preserve every single bit of the original audio file. This means Apple Music subscribers will be able to hear the exact same thing that the artists created in the studio.
To start listening to Lossless Audio, subscribers using the latest version of Apple Music can turn it on in Settings > Music > Audio Quality. Here, they can choose different resolutions for different connections such as cellular, Wi-Fi, or for download. Apple Music’s Lossless tier starts at CD quality, which is 16 bit at 44.1 kHz (kilohertz), and goes up to 24 bit at 48 kHz and is playable natively on Apple devices. For the true audiophile, Apple Music also offers Hi-Resolution Lossless all the way up to 24 bit at 192 kHz.1
Quote:or for download

so you could then convert to any file-type you prefer and add to your library for playback...

Although I do wonder at this bit of puffery ...:-)

Quote:This means Apple Music subscribers will be able to hear the exact same thing that the artists created in the studio.
----------
bob
(06-04-2021, 09:12 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
Quote:or for download

so you could then convert to any file-type you prefer and add to your library for playback...

Although I do wonder at this bit of puffery ...:-)

Quote:This means Apple Music subscribers will be able to hear the exact same thing that the artists created in the studio.

Ha!, 'cos yeah, they use the same amplifier as you, and the same speakers.  And their curtains were in the same place.....
----------------
Robert
Apple lossless went live last night.
Will Apple lossless audio be supported in Android(Apple Music) and Win 10(iTunes)?
I think Android is coming soon. Not sure about Win.