Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Gapless playback on Apple Music with Airplay
Is anyone having issues with gapless playback on Apple Music with Airplay? It seems that occasionally it is seamless, but sometimes the airplay will shut off and on in between tracks, cutting off a short snippet of the next upcoming track. Like my DAC is basically going from Signal - No Signal - Signal in between tracks or something.
I have the same problem, also when I start playing a track with airplay on my moOde player, the sound stutters for a few seconds before playing. I am using CamillaDSP.
The way to troubleshoot these types of issues is to create a verbose log from shairport-sync but that does not seem to be working ATM. I'll add to the TODO list to investigate.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Amazon HD and Qobuz don’t seem to have this issue, only Apple Music which is strange. I will keep testing, but other than that the sound is good, I would be interested in swapping over from Amazon permanently if the airplay issue gets fixed.
(06-09-2021, 02:46 PM)ItsNotNot Wrote: Amazon HD and Qobuz don’t seem to have this issue, only Apple Music which is strange. I will keep testing, but other than that the sound is good, I would be interested in swapping over from Amazon permanently if the airplay issue gets fixed.

Hello, I'm having the same issue you describe.  Did you find a fix with the Music app?
(07-13-2021, 02:32 AM)Theswza Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 02:46 PM)ItsNotNot Wrote: Amazon HD and Qobuz don’t seem to have this issue, only Apple Music which is strange. I will keep testing, but other than that the sound is good, I would be interested in swapping over from Amazon permanently if the airplay issue gets fixed.

Hello, I'm having the same issue you describe.  Did you find a fix with the Music app?

I have not tried again since my Apple Music trial expired. Decided to stick with Amazon Music HD as there were no issues.
Hello,
I found a discussion on an Apple forum where the problem of gapless was covered. There were a lot of people complaining about this issue, some of them with a lot of nasty comments.
I was moved from Primephonic to AppleMusic which turned out not to be an improvement, mildly speaking. On your imac you can set parameters for gapless. On your ipad/iphone this option does not exist. So to my opninion the problem is on the apple-side.