Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

PeppyMeter and moOde
(09-22-2021, 09:04 PM)fdealexa Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 12:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Whenever you create or update a systemd unit you need to ether run the command below or reboot so systemd picks up the change.

Code:
sudo systemctl daemon-reload

@Tim Curtis
Hello Tim,  
Of course you are right, but everything is reported in the GITHUB that Pranjal is following, in particular in the section: Creation of scripts & service .
Thank you very much and best regards,
Francesco
Hi , did a reflash of the memory card .. followed all procedures and Peppymeter is up and running. the roadblock I hit was in configuring scripts. the error is as below
pi@moode:~ $ sudo systemctl daemon-reload 
pi@moode:~ $ sudo systemctl enable peppymeter.service
Failed to enable unit: File peppymeter.service: Bad message                (This is what is stopping me from moving ahead)
(02-10-2021, 03:04 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hello everybody,
as suggested by @TheOldPresbyope I wish to open a new thread related to the use of PeppyMeter, a software VU Meter, in the moOde environment.

For more info on PeppyMeter, please have a look to: : PeppyMeter.doc.

The current state is that I'm trying to run PeppyMeter on moOde; and thanks to a consistent help come from two guys in the "diyAudio Forum" (thanks to them again) as you can see (attached), now it also works together with mpd_oled ... but with some issues.
Please be free to ask any question.
Best regards to all of you,
Francesco

Also Francesco, have the issues with mpd_oled and peppymeter running together been sorted ?
Hello,
you can see a couple of example I am using. As you can noticed in both of the solution PeppyMeter and mpd_oled can run together.
Have you solved the problem of the service?
Let us know if you have any additional problem.
Best regards and thanks,
Francesco

4 Inch LCD + 2x1.3 Inch OLED

2 Buttons + 7 Inch TFT + 2x1.3 Inch OLED
(09-23-2021, 09:48 AM)fdealexa Wrote: Hello,
you can see a couple of example I am using. As you can noticed in both of the solution PeppyMeter and mpd_oled can run together.
Best regards and thanks,
Francesco

No not yet. Still stuck on the service front.  These links you shared I cant open. it says access denied.
(09-23-2021, 10:28 AM)Pranjal Wrote:
Best regards and thanks,
Francesco

No not yet. Still stuck on the service front.  These links you shared I cant open. it says access denied.

Hi Pranjal,
1. I have just tested the procedure reported in the section : Creation of scripts & service of the GITHUB containing all the instructions, and I do not have any problem: would you please test it, in detail the part related to Service creation and let us know if any problem?

2. I had a problem in sharing the videos, now it should be solved: would you please try and let me know?

3. the following is another implementation:

7 Inch TFT + 2.4 OLED + scope +2x1.3 Inch OLED

Thank you and best regards,
Francesco
(09-23-2021, 12:12 PM)fdealexa Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 10:28 AM)Pranjal Wrote:
Best regards and thanks,
Francesco

Hi Pranjal,
1. I have just tested the procedure reported in the section : Creation of scripts & service of the GITHUB containing all the instructions, and I do not have any problem: would you please test it, in detail the part related to Service creation and let us know if any problem?

2. I had a problem in sharing the videos, now it should be solved: would you please try and let me know?

3. the following is another implementation:

7 Inch TFT + 2.4 OLED + scope +2x1.3 Inch OLED

Thank you and best regards,
Francesco

Oh wow Fantastic. How do you manage to do it. It is absolutely stunning. I will get back to you where I got stuck. Best wishes and thank you so much for you help.
Hi Pranjal,
Thanks a lot for your positive comments.
Waiting for your additional test results. 
Best regards and thanks again,
Francesco
Hi Francesco, Trust you are doing well. Have been away from the forum for far too long due to some exigencies in the family. All sorted out now and so also the automatic running of scripts. Thank you everyone, you guys are fantastic.

Now looking forward for the 2 button setup and also the scope ..
Thanks for the great plug in. Works wonderfully. I have Oficial 7" Touch and have activated Peppymeter config.txt
exit.on.touch = True
Now I can exit Peppymeter by typing on the display. Is it possible to start the program as a screansever? or 30sec after pushing of the play button GUI?

Edit: Now I have started Peppymeter with push button and finished pressing on the Touch LCD
(01-06-2022, 08:48 AM)leobo Wrote: Thanks for the great plug in. Works wonderfully. I have Oficial 7" Touch and have activated Peppymeter config.txt
exit.on.touch = True
Now I can exit Peppymeter by typing on the display. Is it possible to start the program as a screansever? or 30sec after pushing of the play button GUI?

Edit: Now I have started Peppymeter with push button and finished pressing on the Touch LCD

Hi leobo
What do you mean "Now I have started Peppymeter with push button"? Have you implemented a momentary switch to start the peppymeter?
Best regards,
Francesco