Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
AUDIOPHONICS RaspDAC Mini Kit - I-Sabre card ES9038Q2M
Any of you guys ordered or already using this latest kit from Audiophonics with moOde?
(I have one and been tinkering with it for two days now)

They selling it with micro SD with modified Volumio which works straight from package.

But we want it to make it working with moOde obviously Tongue (at least I do Big Grin )  

[Image: jaded_800.jpg][Image: SABRE-ES9038Q2M-2.jpg]

Would be great to have the OLED working on moOde and with some proper driver for DAC Tongue
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
Hi Rikardo,
I don't have one but it looks very nice. I find it good that audiophonics offer this kind of kit. Some people just want to play their music and don't have time to build the thing themself. 
I think it will not be difficult to have moOde audio working with it. We already have all the scripts. Can you find out what script they are using for the display? I guess it is pydpiper. You can install the @adrii script if you like the flashy equalizer display.
This new oled display is so nice. I guess it is a 128x64. Those old 16x2 lcd and oled displays are indeed a thing of the past.
Remy
So it's 70 Euro more than the price of the DAC alone? That seems a decent price considering what's in the kit and the elegant look of the finished product.

Anyone know how much it would end up costing here in the USA after VAT is subtracted and shipping is added? and how long it takes for delivery?

Regards,
Kent
(11-02-2018, 03:57 PM)remy1961 Wrote: Hi Rikardo,
I don't have one but it looks very nice. I find it good that audiophonics offer this kind of kit. Some people just want to play their music and don't have time to build the thing themself. 
I think it will not be difficult to have moOde audio working with it. We already have all the scripts. Can you find out what script they are using for the display? I guess it is pydpiper. You can install the @adrii script if you like the flashy equalizer display.
This new oled display is so nice. I guess it is a 128x64. Those old 16x2 lcd and oled displays are indeed a thing of the past.
Remy

I have tried pydPiper and "adrii" but no luck so far.
On the preinstalled sd card is something else they used. Its set for Volumio so it does not work as it is. But if you drop me an PM I can share privately those files so you can have a look and let me know what you think

(11-02-2018, 05:05 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: So it's 70 Euro more than the price of the DAC alone? That seems a decent price considering what's in the kit and the elegant look of the finished product.

Anyone know how much it would end up costing here in the USA after VAT is subtracted and shipping is added? and how long it takes for delivery?

Regards,
Kent

Yeah, its very good price. And honestly its well made kit with everything you need to make it running(except RPi which is not included)
Not sure about shipping and price to US but for me to UK I paid around £12 for delivery. It took only 3 working days to deliver. 
Impressed.

I do have the old RaspDAC I-Sabre ES9023 TXCO which is great and I use it all the time for over 2 years as my streamer in main system.

I have this new one working fine with latest moOde, talking about sound.
Now just the display needs to be sorted and im happy ?

</marquee>
@remy1961
Just checked insides and they uses  luma.oled 

</marquee>
trying pydPiper and other scripts again but no good so far. I can not figure out what is going on here.

When I trying to detect I2C i get the following address

Code:
pi@moode:~/pydPiper $ sudo i2cdetect -y 1
    0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 48 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --                        
pi@moode:~/pydPiper $

So I trying to use this address in the config but getting error saying the device is not found 
Code:
root@moode:/app# python pydPiper.py
pydPiper starting
Loading font from /app/displays/fonts/latin1_5x8_fixed.fnt
Uncaught exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "pydPiper.py", line 720, in <module>
   lcd = displays.luma_i2c.luma_i2c(rows, cols, i2c_address, i2c_port, devicetype)
 File "/app/displays/luma_i2c.py", line 54, in __init__
   self.device = ssd1306(serial)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luma/oled/device.py", line 161, in __init__
   self._const.NORMALDISPLAY)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luma/core/device.py", line 39, in command
   self._serial_interface.command(*cmd)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luma/core/interface/serial.py", line 89, in command
   'I2C device not found on address: 0x{0:02X}'.format(self._addr))
DeviceNotFoundError: I2C device not found on address: 0x48
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "pydPiper.py", line 720, in <module>
   lcd = displays.luma_i2c.luma_i2c(rows, cols, i2c_address, i2c_port, devicetype)
 File "/app/displays/luma_i2c.py", line 54, in __init__
   self.device = ssd1306(serial)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luma/oled/device.py", line 161, in __init__
   self._const.NORMALDISPLAY)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luma/core/device.py", line 39, in command
   self._serial_interface.command(*cmd)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luma/core/interface/serial.py", line 89, in command
   'I2C device not found on address: 0x{0:02X}'.format(self._addr))
luma.core.error.DeviceNotFoundError: I2C device not found on address: 0x48

Any idea anyone?

</marquee>
By looking at the original scripts used in Volumio it seems that SPI is used and not I2C ?
Not sure

</marquee>
This video have been uploaded by audiophonics to show off their Raspdac Mini. Their display is a 128x64 oled using SPI interface.
It looks very nice as they use true type fonts only.
Remy
Audiophonics released an image for this DAC.
http://forum.audiophonics.fr/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1777 first message, Moode Audio R43 RaspdacMini
For interest please follow 
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=664

Thread closed for redundancy

</marquee>