Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Volume knob on 7" touch
Hi,

Running Moode 4.1 on a Raspi 3B with 7" touchscreen and USB-SSD attached (audio out via HDMI or BT), the volume knob on the playback tab is completely unresponsive. Also no "+" or "-" signs for volume control. Interestingly, the UI is fully functional incl. volume control when accessed via PC / Chrome browser.

Regards
Jörg
No issues on my end with Raspberry Pi 7" Touch.

Are u using the Raspberry Pi 7" Touch screen?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-13-2018, 02:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: No issues on my end with Raspberry Pi 7" Touch.

Are u using the Raspberry Pi 7" Touch screen?
Hi Tim,

yes I use the "official" Raspi 7" touch. The problem occurred after updating 4.0 to 4.1 via SSH (which went absolutely smooth, btw.). I tried the usual things: Refresh browser, reboot, no success. Perhaps clearing the browser cache would help but I have no idea how to do this.

Regards
Jörg
You have to plug in a keyboard then:

1. Ctrl-T to open another Chrome tab
2. Click or tap the 3 dot menu icon in upper right
3. Settings
4. Scroll down to bottom and click or tap Advanced
5. Scroll down until u see "Clear browsing data" then click or tap it
6. Then set "Clear following items from:" to "the beginning of time"
7. Next click or tap CLEAR BROWSING DATA button
8. Nest click or tap the x on the tab and close it
9. Finally when back to moOde UI: Menu, Refresh

Google does not make this easy!

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(04-13-2018, 08:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You have to plug in a keyboard then:

3. Settings

-Tim
This did the trick. Thanks Tim! Smile 

Regards
Jörg

3. Settings

-Tim

Umm. You can also clear browser caches from the command line (via the SSH Terminal, for example). I've been doing it for years on other projects.

Simply put: https://www.ostechnix.com/clear-web-brow...ine-linux/

I don't use moOde's local display so I can't vouch that the cache is stored under user pi's home directory. If not, it shouldn't take much sleuthing will be required to find it.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

I think this is a very useful tip since the way Tim suggested is a bit awkward, although it worked for me. Anyway - I tried your suggestion and it worked either but looks much more straightforward for me.

What I would like to suggest since you are a forum moderator: Would it perhaps be worthwhile to transfer such [Solved] issues - although they may be trivial for experienced Linux users - into the "Q&A" or "HowTo" section of the forum?
Regards
Jörg
(04-22-2018, 07:47 PM)Kikaha Wrote: Hi Kent,

I think this is a very useful tip since the way Tim suggested is a bit awkward, although it worked for me. Anyway - I tried your suggestion and it worked either but looks much more straightforward for me.

What I would like to suggest since you are a forum moderator: Would it perhaps be worthwhile to transfer such [Solved] issues - although they may be trivial for experienced Linux users - into the "Q&A" or "HowTo" section of the forum?

Hi, Jörg

I'm cursed by a mental defect: I keep wanting to organize such things as FAQs and HowTos from the top down (I should have been a librarian!) and this gets in the way of just doing it. I'm not sure transferring posts from one section to another is the best solution but one way or another we'll get it done.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

this "mental defect curse": I suffer more or less from the same...  Blush Shortly after my last post I gave it another thought and indeed: Just to transfer posts would be not helpful for someone trying to find an answer to a particular question. One problem may be the post subject. In the current case, the subject "Volume knob..." does by no means point to the solution how to clear the browser cache when running the Moode UI locally on a touchscreen. Another problem is perhaps that a solution for a problem is not always found straightforward. Often this is an iterative process with a lot of posts involved. Thinking this back and forth, I currently come to the conclusion that one had to extract the useful information and label this with a indicative subject title. Probably a task for more than one (or two, three...) volunteers.
Regards
Jörg
(04-16-2018, 04:45 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

3. Settings

-Tim

Umm. You can also clear browser caches from the command line (via the SSH Terminal, for example). I've been doing it for years on other projects.

Simply put: https://www.ostechnix.com/clear-web-brow...ine-linux/

I don't use moOde's local display so I can't vouch that the cache is stored under user pi's home directory. If not, it shouldn't take much sleuthing will be required to find it.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,

This ended up being low hanging fruit and easy to implement. Its a setting on System config. Refer to moOde 4.2 status thread in Announcements for relnotes and pics.

Thx for the link :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!