Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Sound Quality
Hi,
I have just installed Moode audio 4.4 using RP3 with a iqaudio Pi-DAC+ attached.
According to iqaudio they recommend that volume control must be set to 'hardware' but the 'software' volume control seems a better option as sound quality seems better.
Has anyone an opinion on my findings or is it that my ears are 'shot' due to years of giging.
(01-08-2019, 06:38 PM)Kelse Wrote: Hi,
I have just installed Moode audio 4.4 using RP3 with a iqaudio Pi-DAC+ attached.
According to iqaudio they recommend that volume control must be set to 'hardware' but the 'software' volume control seems a better option as sound quality seems better.
Has anyone an opinion on my findings or is it that my ears are 'shot' due to years of giging.

It’s usually better to use hardware:

https://www.howtogeek.com/130353/should-...-hardware/

That said listen to the one you prefer.
(01-08-2019, 09:00 PM)swizzle Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 06:38 PM)Kelse Wrote: Hi,

It’s usually better to use hardware:
https://www.howtogeek.com/130353/should-...-hardware/

That said listen to the one you prefer.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I was just wondering if the onboard dac hardware volume control was better than the moode software option.
I have noticed that the hardware option seems more stable using moode controls, no freezing etc.
Listening through my Rotel pre and twin power amps and Monitor Audio floor standing speakers the Moode software volume control sounds better than the hardware dac option, must look into this.
Thanks for the link to the online documentation, I will study this and try to improve sound with a tweak or two.
Thank you once again for your advice.
You may also use only your preamp for volume control, if you set volume control to disabled from MPD config.
I'm using my iqaudio pi dac+ and iqaudio pi dac+ pro boards in that way with my amps.
Thank you JanneP
I'm new to dac /digital experience but found results pleasing with the raspberry pi.
Just feeling the water at the moment but I'm sure there are many combinations of moode settings and analogue equipment that may produce fantastic results.
I'm spending lots of time comparing cd's, digital fomats and moode settings to try and find an optimal combination of senaros for an idea system but must admit I'm blown away with the sound quality in general.
Thanks to all that are involved with the ongoing studies and development.