Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Show your audio system
Some super nice vintage 70's going on there

Looks like you could loosen a few light bulbs with the low end :-))
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Reproducing 80-20K hz is easy. It's getting good 20-80 hz that's hard....Yes this system does the hard part. The speakers were new in the early 90's bought in kit form, VMPS went outta bus. when the owner passed in 2012...If you ever see any used VMPS speakers buy them !! The paneling is certainly dated, but so old at this point its kinda cool again.
(10-14-2018, 09:21 AM)Gervasutti Wrote: Hi, I’m Gianluca from Italy and this is my system based on MoOde 4.3 and, for sure my turntable.

Preamp is MicroZOTL 2 DeLuxe, poweramp Clones Audio 55, RPi with Kali and Piano 2.1 working in dual mono. Power comes from HDPlex. Handmade speakers with Philips AD 1256.

Music is streamed from QOBUZ via UPnP using mconnect app.

Those Philips AD 1256 are reputed to be very good full-range drivers !...especially with the addition of a super-tweeter as per this build...
https://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/simple...rs2_e.html
----------
bob
(02-04-2019, 11:58 PM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 09:21 AM)Gervasutti Wrote: Hi, I’m Gianluca from Italy and this is my system based on MoOde 4.3 and, for sure my turntable.

Preamp is MicroZOTL 2 DeLuxe, poweramp Clones Audio 55, RPi with Kali and Piano 2.1 working in dual mono. Power comes from HDPlex. Handmade speakers with Philips AD 1256.

Music is streamed from QOBUZ via UPnP using mconnect app.

Those Philips AD 1256 are reputed to be very good full-range drivers !...especially with the addition of a super-tweeter as per this build...
https://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/simple...rs2_e.html

@DRONE7

Many thanks for bringing up this article... I would struggle to find a pair od decent Philips AD 1256-M8 drivers as they are as rare as the hen's teeth and when they re-surface somewhere the selling price is inducing a sudden chest pain and a resounding headache... but the mention of the TakeT super-tweeters makes me more resolute to have a go at a pair of TakeT Batpure http://www.ceresaudio.com/ceres_audio_006.htm
I have a couple of Moode players, figured I should maybe share a couple... The first one is an old RCA console, all-tube, made in Canada, belonged to my grandparents and I've been keeping it in running order for quite a few years now. The turntable is about to get replaced with something modern, however. 

Anyhoo, it started out with a Raspberry Pi 2 in it... Now I have a Raspberry Pi 3B with Piano 1.1 DAC hidden inside the back panel. It had RCA inputs, so other than a little jiggery-pokery with the power, it was amazingly easy to set up.  I still find it cool that this old rig has an IP address, can talk to my smartphone, and a web interface with no evidence of having been modified. 

[Image: RCA06_zps8x0gqpie.jpg]
Since I'm sitting around listening to music and not doing much else of a productive nature, I figure I should post up another Moode-equipped system...

Continuing on with the whole "recycled electronics" theme established in my previous post, here's my main two channel rig, comprised almost entirely of leftovers that I didn't sell off or trade for other toys. I had a plan to rebuild my system and one thing led to another (as tends to happen) and the next thing I know years had passed and I hadn't replaced many missing components... Go figure.

Anyhoo, now that you're all up to speed, here's my current main listening system... I just need a new pre-amp, new transport, new DAC, new speakers, and new cabling... Along with a cable cleanup, and a few other tweaks... 

[Image: 20190406_144108_zpsq8nror28.jpg]

If you look closely you can see the Raspberry Pi / Allo Boss 2.1 DAC to the right of the current pre-amp:

[Image: 20190406_215814_zpsyxsnnp0c.jpg]

Managed to find a rackmount "ear" in my stash that matched up with the thumbscrews on the case... fit it between the wooden plinth and the rack frame... Kinda cheesy, but it works.

Raspberry Pi, Allo Boss 1.2 DAC, Audio lab 8000C pre-amp, Acurus ACD-11 CD transport, a pair of Bryston 3B NRB amplifiers, some old Paradigm Monitor 9 speakers, a pair of Paradigm PW-2500 subwoofers controlled by an X-30 crossover control unit, MIT Terminator 4 interconnects, and MIT Terminator 4 speaker cables... Like I said, all old stuff... I'm saving the planet, one system at a time? Smile
I'll take the sub on the left ;-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-06-2019, 10:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'll take the sub on the left ;-)

One thing I can't complain about is a lack of bass... Smile

The imaging, on the other hand, leaves something to be desired. Sad
(04-07-2019, 02:37 AM)Firlotte Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 10:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'll take the sub on the left ;-)

One thing I can't complain about is a lack of bass... Smile

The imaging, on the other hand, leaves something to be desired. Sad

Without casting any shadow over your other components i'd make a case for giving a reprieve to the excellent Audiolab pre... (what about a matching Audiolab power amp...? Cool )
I'm quite fond of my Bryston amps... These two antiques have performed above and beyond the call of duty, so I guess I'll stick with them as long as they stick with me.  That said, other than a slightly scratchy volume pot, that Audiolab has also been with me for quite time some in various systems...