Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Rpi 3+ with MoOde - multiple issues with MoOde.
Rahul,

Once again, you should not have a playlist when using AutoShuffle.
AutoShuffle creates its own list by selecting one song at a time from your library (read: from your USB disk in your case). When the song ends, Autoshuffle picks another one. This way you have a continuous flow of songs. But like I said, in your playlist you will always see only one song, the one that is playing at that moment. For this the "Consume" button must be active aswell.

When you change your disk with another one, then moOde needs to read again (MPD) the list of songs on that disk. And if you have in the source config menu, the option "Automatically update MPD database on USB insert/remove" set to "yes", then you don't even have to do anything. It then all happens automatically.
 :@
@rahul.shial 

What's your usage scenario where you are swapping USB drives?

moOde can automatically update MPD database on USB insert/remove but you would need to manually clear the Playlist and add new items from the newly inserted drive.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-22-2019, 12:05 AM)JST1963 Wrote: Rahul,

Once again, you should not have a playlist when using AutoShuffle.
AutoShuffle creates its own list by selecting one song at a time from your library (read: from your USB disk in your case). When the song ends, Autoshuffle picks another one. This way you have a continuous flow of songs. But like I said, in your playlist you will always see only one song, the one that is playing at that moment. For this the "Consume" button must be active aswell.

When you change your disk with another one, then moOde needs to read again (MPD) the list of songs on that disk. And if you have in the source config menu, the option "Automatically update MPD database on USB insert/remove" set to "yes", then you don't even have to do anything. It then all happens automatically.

@JST1963

Works like a charm now...randomly picking the songs. Thank you for helping out here...

What I used to do is to go and add the entire library to the playlist which used to cause Moode to hang and not pick up songs randomly.
(02-22-2019, 12:07 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @rahul.shial 

moOde can automatically update MPD database on USB insert/remove but you would need to manually clear the Playlist and add new items from the newly inserted drive.

@Tim Curtis

Since I am trying out the entire setup, the swap is multiple times a day. It also helps me understand the nuances, and learn.

Moode is definitely updating the MPD database on the USB insert. However even though Auto-Play is not turned on, it starts playing a random song / last played song on start up. There has to be something I am not doing right, but I will try to understand how to use Moode properly before posting an issue on the forum without testing it out properly. That way I am not wasting people's time. Smile

Thank you again Tim!!
You're not wasting anybodies time. This forum exists to help people with whatever moOde problem they have. If something's not working the way it should, spit it out, and there will always be somebody to help you out.
(02-22-2019, 08:39 PM)rahul.shial Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 12:07 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @rahul.shial 

@Tim Curtis

Since I am trying out the entire setup, the swap is multiple times a day. It also helps me understand the nuances, and learn.

Moode is definitely updating the MPD database on the USB insert. However even though Auto-Play is not turned on, it starts playing a random song / last played song on start up. There has to be something I am not doing right, but I will try to understand how to use Moode properly before posting an issue on the forum without testing it out properly. That way I am not wasting people's time. Smile

Thank you again Tim!!

I'd have to run a quick test but I believe that if Auto-play is off but Auto-shuffle is on and Random play is on (on the playback screen) then Auto-shuffle will queue up and play a random track after reboot.

If on the other hand Auto-play is also on then Auto-play will take precedence and it will play the last played item in the Playlist.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-22-2019, 09:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'd have to run a quick test but I believe that if Auto-play is off but Auto-shuffle is on and Random play is on (on the playback screen) then Auto-shuffle will queue up and play a random track after reboot.

If on the other hand Auto-play is also on then Auto-play will take precedence and it will play the last played item in the Playlist.

That is correct. However, when you were using the Auto-Shuffle Filter in the Customization Settings, the filter stops working after a reboot.

The same filter keeps working though when using the clock radio function (works great at the office)

Johan
Hi All,

Been away for some time. I finally got my setup to work with a bluetooth speaker, swapping USB drives...all work flawlessly. However, I am still unable to connect my iphone 8 with Moode Player. That is something I am unable to resolve. However it is not a show stopper as I am not streaming from my iphone.

Thank you all for the help and support. I finally have a awesome portable player.
Can anyone suggest a good portable battery pack to use with my setup so that I can use it on campgrounds?

My setup - Raspberry Pi 3+, 7 inch touch screen, MoOde Player, separate bluetooth speaker.

Regards
(03-12-2019, 04:32 PM)rahul.shial Wrote: Can anyone suggest a good portable battery pack to use with my setup so that I can use it on campgrounds?

My setup - Raspberry Pi 3+, 7 inch touch screen, MoOde Player, separate bluetooth speaker.

Regards

A 7" touch screen is quite power hungry if you run it permanently. You probably need to look into converting the DC power of your vehicle of choice into the the needed DC voltage/voltages (or if the touch screen works with 5VDC look into getting a 6V bike battery and a step-down buck converter).