Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Instruction Guide Sound Tweaks Now on GitHub
Hi
alternate method worked perfect for me. First thing after first listening: I checked if I still have the same speaker Smile)
Phantasic clear "dry" sound.
Thx for sharing these improvements to a already phantasic moode......
(03-04-2019, 10:34 AM)IT-Andy52 Wrote: Hi
alternate method worked perfect for me. First thing after first listening: I checked if I still have the same speaker Smile)
Phantasic clear "dry" sound.
Thx for sharing these improvements to a already phantasic moode......

Glad you like it...enjoy Wink

BTW, the files/changes should be persistent even after an update. I've updated the OS in MoOde, worked fine. Other players were able to update from one Rev to the next and all was well too.
Hi Edward,
Does your script require to include the parameters in the /boot/config.txt found in this thread, http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=749?

Ed
(03-06-2019, 12:27 PM)edwingoh Wrote: Hi Edward,
Does your script require to include the parameters in the /boot/config.txt found in this thread, http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=749?

Ed

No, I didn't add any boot config parameters only because I could not actually hear an audible difference, plus in some cases, aggressive settings might make peoples Rpi's unstable.
(03-06-2019, 12:59 PM)Edward Wrote:

Ed

No, I didn't add any boot config parameters only because I could not actually hear an audible difference, plus in some cases, aggressive settings might make peoples Rpi's unstable.

Yes, this is exactly why I asked because if the arm or core frequencies are set too low, the DSD playback stutters at times.
(03-07-2019, 05:32 AM)edwingoh Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 12:59 PM)Edward Wrote:

Ed

Yes, this is exactly why I asked because if the arm or core frequencies are set too low, the DSD playback stutters at times.

Ahhhhhhh, testing me..... Did I validate my credibility?

Big Grin
Of course I am not testing you. ;-) I happen to see another thread from you discussing on the parameters in the config file.

Latest: Strange thing is music stops abruptly and the Pi2B is unable to get the Soekris DAM 1121 to resync. It happened 3 times after I made the changes. I have reverted the original configuration by using the remove.sh script. 

When I am brave again, I will re-install and see if the issue happens. This time I will look into the logs.

P.S.: my config file includes slowing down some of the frequencies, e.g. video, RAM, etc but not the core or arm frequencies.
More tests but my DAM 1121 goes out of sync as well, sorry Edward, it isn’t your script. Will have to investigate further.
(03-13-2019, 12:44 AM)edwingoh Wrote: More tests but my DAM 1121 goes out of sync as well, sorry Edward, it isn’t your script. Will have to investigate further.

Well thats good to know, but bad that its still happening.

Did you Google around to see if others were having the same problem with the DAM and RPi?

I remember my M2tech device didn't like the RPi either
Some more investigative work over several weekends by swapping power supply modules. Found the culprit: the Salas UBiB supplying to the 5V digital rails was probably dipping below the acceptable level as it warms up. I increased it ever slightly above 5V and it has been stable ever since. Put back Edward's audio improvement scripts and all is good. For those who have not tried it, don't wait anymore. ;-)