Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 5 Release Candidate RC0
(03-25-2019, 12:07 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 12:00 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Seems a bit niche...

Yeah :-) ...just me and swizzle.. anyone else interested ?

I wouldn’t implement it by itself, maybe if we ever get around to allowing l/r gain adjustment for balance we can squeeze in channel polarity. In the meantime you can prob look at the source where Tim implemented regular polarity flip and do it yourself.
Quote:get around to allowing l/r gain adjustment for balance we can squeeze in channel polarity

I like the way you're thinking....why have one when you can have all...!!  Yes please...balance would be so good !!
----------
bob
(03-24-2019, 01:09 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
Quote:Hi,

moOde 5 Release Candidate RC0 is available for download at the links below :-)

Amazing effort Tim, thanks as ever
The argument against adding it back to the context menu is that you would need to open the Library Config screen anyway to update the Thumbnail cache for the newly added albums and there is already an "Update MPD database" button on that screen.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
***RETRACTION***

Somehow, somewhere in the process of plugging and unplugging of the BT-W2 in different RPis, restarting moOde and/or servers, etc., Spotify is now working with moOde r5.0rc0 and the BT-W2.

Color me confused.
So then I wrote:

(03-24-2019, 04:29 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: ...
2) Airplay from my iPad isn't working properly. The connection establishes but the output stream is weak and garbled. Same iPad/Airplay continues to work fine against my moOde r4.4. Haven't had time yet to look for telltale signs.

With a more testing while waiting for the coffee pot I find that

1) moOde r4.4
  • i2s HiFIBerry DAC+ output - Spotify works
  • USB Creative Audio BT-W2 (to my Sennheiser headphones) output - Spotify works
2) moOde r5.0rc0
  • onboard audio output - Spotify works
  • USB Creative Audio BT-W2 (to my Sennheiser headphones) output - Spotify doesn't work

Clue: the USB descriptor for the BT-W2 says it is 48000 Hz only.

Coffee's ready. Gotta get juiced!

Regards,
Kent
U need more coffee ;-)

For the Airplay issue:

- Turn on debug logging in System Config
- Restart Airplay in Audio Config
- Connect from your iPad
- cat /var/log/shairport-sync.log

Then turn off debug logging and restart Airplay
Enjoy the Music!
Tim Curtis Wrote:Even pro parametric EQ's are typically no more than 4 freq bands. What's the usage scenario for more than 4? 

miniDSP has a 6 band PEQ if I am not mistaken, and REW can give a very long list of parameters for equalisation.
Probably, applying the filter twice can give 8 bands, but I am not sure how to. Will investigate. What would be useful would also be to add shelving filters.

Roberto
(03-25-2019, 11:41 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The argument against adding it back to the context menu is that you would need to open the Library Config screen anyway to update the Thumbnail cache for the newly added albums and there is already an "Update MPD database" button on that screen.

Thanks Tim,

Point taken ...fair enough Smile

Regrds,
Richard
When I use the Squeezelite output I have to reboot to get the MPD screen back....even after LMS is off and/or the LMS music stopped playing.

Also a 'nice to have' would be an 'exit' or button that allows me to 'go back to home screen' no matter which screen I'm in....standard on most GUI's....saves clicks.
I just tried quick test with LMS/Squeezelite and no issues.

The Squeezelite renderer requires LMS to be running in order to obtain LMS power on/off state. If LMS is not running when Squeezelite renderer is started or restarted it will default to Power ON and u will see the Squeezelite Active screen.
Enjoy the Music!