Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 5.0 Release Candidate RC1
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the report :-) It provides more evidence that MPD 0.21.y series should probably be considered "test" and optional at this point within the context of moOde.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Auto-shuffle works fine for me with 30k tracks and MPD 0.21.6.
Edit: Oops, that's actually with RC0. Haven't tested with RC1 yet.
I would expect u would get same result since ashuffle and mpd binary is same for RC0 and RC1.

I'm still planning on including 0.21.y as an option in the production release of moOde 5 :-)
Enjoy the Music!
I also switched back to 0.20.20 because of an very short interruption at the beginning of some songs.
When using the 0.21 series I had a break in the music for less than half a second in some songs, not all of them, and it was with both MP3's as FLAC's. And it was always after about 4-5 seconds of playing a new song, that the interruption happened. But I could not lay my finger on it, I couldn't reproduce the problem. It was really at random.
Switched back to 0.20.20....problem gone....

Johan
 :@
(03-31-2019, 12:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for reporting that :-) It appears to be a bug in MPD 0.21 series.
https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/issues/469

Stick with 0.20.20 for the time being until MPD maintainer fixes the bug. If the bug is not fixed before moOde 5 production release then I may revert to 0.20.20 as the default version of MPD for moOde 5 and leave 0.21.y as an option.

-Tim

Tim, thanks for the prompt response, great work!
(03-31-2019, 10:43 PM)JST1963 Wrote: I also switched back to 0.20.20 because of an very short interruption at the beginning of some songs.
When using the 0.21 series I had a break in the music for less than half a second in some songs, not all of them, and it was with both MP3's as FLAC's.  And it was always after about 4-5 seconds of playing a new song, that the interruption happened. But I could not lay my finger on it, I couldn't reproduce the problem. It was really at random.

Johan

I had same issue with flac songs on usb device with 0.21, i fixed that by enabling usbfix (in system moode option, i dont remember the real name).
(04-01-2019, 08:58 AM)TookaFace Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 10:43 PM)JST1963 Wrote: I also switched back to 0.20.20 because of an very short interruption at the beginning of some songs.
When using the 0.21 series I had a break in the music for less than half a second in some songs, not all of them, and it was with both MP3's as FLAC's.  And it was always after about 4-5 seconds of playing a new song, that the interruption happened. But I could not lay my finger on it, I couldn't reproduce the problem. It was really at random.

Johan

I had same issue with flac songs on usb device with 0.21, i fixed that by enabling usbfix (in system moode option, i dont remember the real name).

Been there, done that, didn't help. Only going back to 0.20.20 fixed it...
But thanks for trying to help Smile

J
 :@
(04-01-2019, 11:51 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 08:58 AM)TookaFace Wrote:

Johan

Been there, done that, didn't help. Only going back to 0.20.20 fixed it...
But thanks for trying to help Smile

J
I'll try that too! I figured it might be a power or network issue, hadn't considered it might be the new version of MPD.
After installing RC1 how can I change back to mpd 0.20.20?
Open Audio Config screen and select from the dropdown.
Enjoy the Music!