Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 5.0 Release Candidate RC1
You are describing a slightly different usage scenario, and its a valid one but it boils down to essentially the same complex task of settings migration.

Settings migration is different than backup/restore in that a migration process takes into account complex changes in the settings and structures that maintain the settings from one version to another. Backup/restore settings from one major version to another would only be possible only if the structures and settings are are exactly the same.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I am using gpio pin 25 for my ir receiver. This worked in version 4.4. but no more. I in fact did this with the original 5.0 and could not get the device to be recognized. I thought I might have burntit out so I went back to 4.4 and it worked. I just installed the newest version 5.0 and it is back to not working. Could this be due to the new push button options?
Unlikely unless you actually use the gpio-config screen to configure and enable pin 25 and then turn on the GPIO button handler in System config. I have a rotary encoder that uses gpio 23 and 24 and no issues with moOde 5.0.

Some commands that may help in troubleshooting:

Print table that shows mapping between GPIO, BCM (Broadcom) and WiringPi pin numbering.
Code:
gpio readall

Read state of pin (WiringPi pin number 6 = BCM 25)
Code:
gpio read 6

- or -

watch -n .5 "gpio read 6"

Is there a script that controls the IR receiver? Maybe its printing an error or has some way to enable debug.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Hi,
I have a problem with the shutdown settings in the menue clockradio.
When I make the settings to shutdown, it seems ok. But moodaudio only stop playing, but doesn´t mae a sutdown.

Chris
Hi Chris,

Works ok on my end. Try the cmd below to print the settings

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "select * from cfg_system where param like '%clkradio%'"
Enjoy the Music!
(04-09-2019, 10:00 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi Chris,

Works ok on my end. Try the cmd below to print the settings

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "select * from cfg_system where param like '%clkradio%'"

Hi Tim,

I'm not so good in linux. So I loaded the moode-sqlite3.db with "WinSCP" and opened it with "DB browser for SQLite".

In the menue the time is set to 11:15 AM and shutdown Yes.
But in the DB:

19,clkradio_mode,Sleep Timer
20,clkradio_item,0
21,clkradio_name,
22,clkradio_start,"06,00,AM,0,0,0,0,0,0,0"
23,clkradio_stop,"11,15,AM,1,1,1,1,1,1,1"
24,clkradio_volume,10
25,clkradiio_shutdown,No

There are two i in clkradio_shutdown.

So I changed the settings, loaded and opend the DB.
And again two i.

Sincerely, Chris
Thanks for reporting this. Must have happened when my cat stepped on the keyboard ;-)

Here is the fix.

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_system set param='clkradio_shutdown' where id='25'"

To verify the correct name

Code:

Then REBOOT

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(04-09-2019, 07:55 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Unlikely unless you actually use the gpio-config screen to configure and enable pin 25 and then turn on the GPIO button handler in System config. I have a rotary encoder that uses gpio 23 and 24 and no issues with moOde 5.0.

Some commands that may help in troubleshooting:

Print table that shows mapping between GPIO, BCM (Broadcom) and WiringPi pin numbering.
Code:
gpio readall

Read state of pin (WiringPi pin number 6 = BCM 25)
Code:
gpio read 6

- or -

watch -n .5 "gpio read 6"

Is there a script that controls the IR receiver? Maybe its printing an error or has some way to enable debug.

-Tim

I found the problem. Some stuff lirc needed was missing. I updated the operating and it worked.
Ok, thanks for confirming :-)

If I get some spare time and someone wants to contribute the lirc install/configure process I might include it in moOde to ensure the scenario you encountered won't happen again :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(04-10-2019, 11:50 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Thanks for reporting this. Must have happened when my cat stepped on the keyboard ;-)

Here is the fix.

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_system set param='clkradio_shutdown' where id='25'"

To verify the correct name

Code:

Then REBOOT

-Tim

Thanks,
the fix worked.

Chris