Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 5.0
(04-17-2019, 04:08 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Menu, Configure, Library

Update MPD database and after it completes update the Album cover thumbnail cache.

Thank you, I know it. Unfortunately I have a very very large database and it updates about 6-7 hours. So I always used updating of the selected folders in the previous moOde versions. Is it impossible now?

Thank you  for your great work
(04-16-2019, 10:35 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If you know some Linux SSH I can post the procedure.

Yes, please, that would be great!
Hi Tim
I've successfully installed Moode 5.0 on my RPI3+ HiFiBerry DAC PRO system, and it works very well. No problem in the configuration of the system (only some trouble not related to Moode, but to manage the python script to populate my OLED display and the miniboard for the controlled shutdown , after some months I didn't rembember all the needed steps... )

Nice work!!!!
Andrea
(04-16-2019, 08:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 07:39 PM)mousemat Wrote: Just installed moode 5 and seems my Airplay issues have gone away Heart thanks!

Is there any settings I can change to stop me from being locked out of the interface while I'm playing something via Airplay or Bluetooth?

Bluetooth, Airplay, Spotify and Squeezelite renderers take over playback and so there isn't really anything that I'm aware of that would be of use in the UI while they are active. In fact changing audio settings or volume in the UI would mess up the renderer.

What are you needing to change in UI while a renderer is Active?

Hi Tim - a good example of why it might be useful.

Last night I was streaming to my kitchen player via Airplay (there are several devices round the house that we use for sending Airplay to the kitchen). This morning I went to use the Kitchen tablet and turn on the radio via moode player UI however a device somewhere in the house is still paired with the player overnight. I wasn't able to operate the radio or select reboot to kick the device off. Call me lazy but sometimes in the morning you just need the radio without rummaging round the house for a phone that's still paired.

Some kind of button on the Airplay/Bluetooth Active screen to access UI or boot the device off could be a useful feature?

Really appreciate the work involved in this project - thank you.
(04-16-2019, 07:39 PM)mousemat Wrote: Just installed moode 5 and seems my Airplay issues have gone away Heart thanks!

Is there any settings I can change to stop me from being locked out of the interface while I'm playing something via Airplay or Bluetooth?

Bluetooth, Airplay, Spotify and Squeezelite renderers take over playback and so there isn't really anything that I'm aware of that would be of use in the UI while they are active. In fact changing audio settings or volume in the UI would mess up the renderer.

Note that for Bluetooth and Analog or S/PDIF Input tapping on the "Active" title in the center of the screen open up BlueZ or Source Select configs. This is described in Quick Help :-)

-Tim

As a workaround I made a bookmark to http://moode/sys-config.php

From there you can get to all pages.
(04-15-2019, 09:47 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Tomorrow I will install moOde 5.0 at the office (RPi + Hifiberry DAC+Pro). I will check if I have the same problem there...

Johan

Tim, just to let you know I have the same problem at the office with a Hifiberry DAC+ Pro.

Sad

Johan
 :@
(04-17-2019, 04:46 AM)arick Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 04:08 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Menu, Configure, Library

Update MPD database and after it completes update the Album cover thumbnail cache.

Thank you, I know it. Unfortunately I have a very very large database and it updates about 6-7 hours. So I always used updating of the selected folders in the previous moOde versions. Is it impossible now?

Thank you  for your great work

I've done timings in the past that suggest that MPD update is really fast and there is not a general need for update individual directories. The thumbnail cache also only offers re-gen or update and the update is very fast.

- pi-3A+
- wifi
- Samba
- SSD attached to Router
- 4000 flac tracks

Time to re-gen ~ 2 min 30 secs
Time to update ~ 15 secs

If I extrapolate to 20X (80,000 tracks) and assume the update process is linear then:

Time to re-gen ~ 50 mins
Time to update ~ 5 mins

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-17-2019, 06:20 AM)pizzaparty Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 10:35 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If you know some Linux SSH I can post the procedure.

Yes, please, that would be great!

Here is the procedure. Let me know if it resolves the issue.

Code:
# Install patched playerlib.php

cd ~
wget http://moodeaudio.org/test/playerlib.zip
unzip -q ./playerlib.zip
sudo mv ./playerlib.php /var/www/inc
sudo chown root:root /var/www/inc/playerlib.php
sudo rm ./playerlib*
sudo reboot

# Regenerate the Library tag cache

Menu, Configure, Library
DELETE Library tag cache

Then navigate back to either the Tag or Album view and verify the sort order is correct.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(04-17-2019, 10:04 AM)mousemat Wrote:

Hi Tim - a good example of why it might be useful.

Last night I was streaming to my kitchen player via Airplay (there are several devices round the house that we use for sending Airplay to the kitchen). This morning I went to use the Kitchen tablet and turn on the radio via moode player UI however a device somewhere in the house is still paired with the player overnight. I wasn't able to operate the radio or select reboot to kick the device off. Call me lazy but sometimes in the morning you just need the radio without rummaging round the house for a phone that's still paired.

Some kind of button on the Airplay/Bluetooth Active screen to access UI or boot the device off could be a useful feature?

Really appreciate the work involved in this project - thank you.

Its a valid usage scenario but the only renderers that maintain a connected/Active state even though nothing is being played are Bluetooth, Analog and S/PDIF In and Squeezelite. Airplay and Spotify release the connection automatically after playback is stopped.

Clicking on the title in the center of Bluetooth Active, Analog Input Active or S/PDIF Input Active screens will open their respective config screens and allow you to disconnect a Bluetooth device or switch to Local (MPD) Input.

Squeezelight is a bit different. One must use LMS and click the Power ON/OFF button to OFF release the connection.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(04-17-2019, 01:45 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Here is the procedure. Let me know if it resolves the issue.

It did! Thank you so much! No more "Dre, Dr. feat Dogg, Snoop"  Big Grin