Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 5.0
Is the "Access Point" mode working correctly in 5.0?
I'm trying with RC0.
The two config fields for AP are set with default values: SSID=Moode, Password=moodeaudio
I can see the "Moode" network in my wifi network list, but the connection from my mac fails systematically.
I tried a couple of different wifi channels (4 and 6) but nothing changes.
The wifi dongle on this raspberry (model pi2) is working correctly, in fact, it can connect with no issues to my phone personal hotspot....
(04-20-2019, 08:31 AM)franz159 Wrote: Is the "Access Point" mode working correctly in 5.0?
I'm trying with RC0.
The two config fields for AP are set with default values: SSID=Moode, Password=moodeaudio
I can see the "Moode" network in my wifi network list, but the connection from my mac fails systematically.
The wifi dongle on this raspberry (model pi2) is working correctly, in fact, it can connect with no issues to my phone personal hotspot....

Just tested on my RPi3 B+ and AP is working perfectly fine. Default settings, access through http://moode.local 
No issues
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
Is adding an "ssh" named text file still needed if one want to access it later?

edit: tried, answer is no =)
(04-20-2019, 11:57 AM)Malefoda Wrote: Is adding an "ssh" named text file still needed if one want to access it later?

Nope, not needed. SSH works out of the box
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(04-20-2019, 08:31 AM)franz159 Wrote: Is the "Access Point" mode working correctly in 5.0?
I'm trying with RC0.

Sad to say, not all WiFi dongles work well in AP mode even if they are "working correctly" in client mode. That's not something moOde can do anything about. You could try searching for issues concerning your make/model in the Raspberry Pi forums. 

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
I'm trying with RC0.

What exactly does "the connection from my mac fails systematically" mean? Are any error messages displayed?

The fact that the Moode SSID shows up would suggest that things should work.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-20-2019, 07:02 AM)mayburyds Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 08:51 AM)mayburyds Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 07:45 AM)mayburyds Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 11:59 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 11:45 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Are you doing Client -> moOde or moOde -> Bluetooth Speaker?

What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? I'll try on my end.

I assume David meant moOde -> BT. His issue sounds reminiscent of http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...32#pid8832

It's not convenient ATM to try repro'ing here and his issue may well be different but I thought it worth mentioning.

Good hunting.

Regards,
Kent

Hi,

Sorry for late reply, been away for a few days.

Correct my issue is with connecting via BT from mOode to BT heaphones.

Cheers.

Hi,

Did a bit more testing this morning.

Pairing to a device works OK.

Playing via BT creates the error message I originally had.

If I then switch back to local, leaving the BT device paired, I get a message saying I'm connected to BT along with the name of the device I'm connected to but I can't get back to the moode main display unless I power off the BT device.

Cheers.
Hi,

Decide to re-image but it made no difference.

If I get the message saying I'm connected to BT I can get back to the main display by turning off the BT device, or to not get the message at all disconnect the device before switching back to local.

It's still a bit hit or miss though.

Cheers.

It sounds like its working correctly. Bluetooth is connection based which means that the device has to be first disconnected before switching to MPD and Local playback.

This is in contrast to Airplay and Spotify which are session based. They connect and disconnect automatically when playback begins and ends.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim,
Adding radio stations with logo is the nicest new feature for me and it just works well. I remember when people requested that as a feature, your reaction was like it was something impossible/very difficult to do. Now you and your team did it. Thank you very much.
And I also like the one click play feature in the library. Donation on the way.
Remy
Post moved to new thread.
Why radio list scroll now extremaly slow with huge lags? Generally moOde 5 works slower than old one. (I use it on PC - Win10, chrome browser).
No radio list scroll speed problem on moOde 4.