Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 5.0
(04-20-2019, 08:34 PM)remy1961 Wrote: Hi Tim,
Adding radio stations with logo is the nicest new feature for me and it just works well. I remember when people requested that as a feature, your reaction was like it was something impossible/very difficult to do. Now you and your team did it. Thank you very much.
And I also like the one click play feature in the library. Donation on the way.
Remy

The effort definitely wasn't trivial but it finally bubbled to the top of the TODO list :-) Its implemented in a way that ensures that if moOde's built-in radio stations are updated that the user added stations and logos are not touched.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-20-2019, 09:36 PM)luxpiotr Wrote: Why radio list scroll now extremaly slow with huge lags? Generally moOde 5 works slower than old one. (I use it on PC - Win10, chrome browser).
No radio list scroll speed problem on moOde 4.

This could be due to a bug that's fixed in upcoming 5.0 update.
Enjoy the Music!
I can't find the "update folder" action in the menu when one select a folder by clicking on the folder icon -not the name of the folder to get in-, so how we update folder content now? Maybe it's obvious, but really can't find it, only add/play/clearadd/clearplay/close. There is a kind of "refresh" loop logo next to the search tab, but that does nothing. Rebooted and no change.
Thanks!
Its not in 5.0 but has been added back in the upcoming in-place update for 5.0.
Enjoy the Music!
Nice I'll be able to sleep tonight. =)
Donation made.
Remy
Hello, I have an error message again with released 5.0 after some listening:
MPD error
Failed to open "ALSA" default" [alsa];
Failed to open ALSA device "hw:0,0":
Invalid argument

Yesterday evening I turned off the rpi3 (with safe shutdown), and this morning when I turned on, this error message when trying to play any track.

Setting device to None (reboot) and back to Hifiberry digi+ pro (reboot) doesn't help.

I had the same problem some day ago (with RC1 either without in-place update but with rpi2), then I could only resolve it with flashing the original system to sd card.

Before reflashing, do you have any advice how to resolve or examine the problem?

Thanks
The symptom suggests a hardware issue.

To troubleshoot, boot up with just the Pi and no audio board attached.

- open Audio config and SET I2S device to "None"
- power off
- remove the Hifiberry board and power up
- open MPD config, verify that Audio device is set to "On-board audio device" then click SAVE
- play the Stereo Test file and verify no MPD errors (you don't have to connect to speakers)

If that works it would suggest the Pi and its on-board audio chip is OK.

If you get errors only after connecting the Hifiberry board then possibly the board or 40-pin conector has issue.
Enjoy the Music!
(04-20-2019, 03:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 08:31 AM)franz159 Wrote: Is the "Access Point" mode working correctly in 5.0?
I'm trying with RC0.
The two config fields for AP are set with default values: SSID=Moode, Password=moodeaudio
I can see the "Moode" network in my wifi network list, but the connection from my mac fails systematically.
I tried a couple of different wifi channels (4 and 6) but nothing changes.
The wifi dongle on this raspberry (model pi2) is working correctly, in fact, it can connect with no issues to my phone personal hotspot....

What exactly does "the connection from my mac fails systematically" mean? Are any error messages displayed?

The fact that the Moode SSID shows up would suggest that things should work.

As usual, I jumped to a more convoluted possibility first. Rolleyes

As Tim says, the fact that you see the SSID suggests your USB WiFi dongle is working in AP mode. You have a more pedestrian possibility to explore---signal strength and/or signal interference.

Is your dongle out in free air or buried inside a cabinet, nestled in cables, up against a wall or otherwise not well situated for WiFi signaling?

Does your phone connect and stay connected to the moOde AP when it's close to your moOde player? How about when your phone is close to where your Mac is located?

Regards,
Kent
(04-21-2019, 10:19 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom suggests a hardware issue.

To troubleshoot, boot up with just the Pi and no audio board attached.

- open Audio config and SET I2S device to "None"
- power off
- remove the Hifiberry board and power up
- open MPD config, verify that Audio device is set to "On-board audio device" then click SAVE
- play the Stereo Test file and verify no MPD errors (you don't have to connect to speakers)

If that works it would suggest the Pi and its on-board audio chip is OK.

If you get errors only after connecting the Hifiberry board then possibly the board or 40-pin conector has issue.

Thanks, I'll try these, but I don't understand why I could resolve it with reinstalling moode and what can happen while the device is turned off (it worked when turning off, and not when turning on, and it wasn't the first turn off-on)?